- Genes on the Web Facebook Group A Facebook meeting place for folk who have found something interesting on this site
- Adamson Facebook Group A Facebook discussion group that I started in the hope that 'Angus' Adamsons - those who have ancestors named Adamson who were born, married or died in Angus (Forfarshire), Scotland - might come along and make themselves known, have a chat with each other and extend our collective knowledge of our namesakes
- Angus Council Photographic Collection The Angus Photographic Collection held in Angus Archives is an extensive photographic archive of over 15,000 images of Angus people, places and events. The images range in date from Victorian carte de visites and lantern slides, Edwardian postcards through to digital prints from the present day. They cover every aspect of Angus life: work, recreation, events, places, buildings, landscapes, people and more
- Cantiones Sacrae, Tayside's premier vocal ensemble Cantiones Sacrae is a vocal ensemble that specialises in polyphonic choral music of the Renaissance period although the group also sings music composed in later centuries and compositions by contemporary composers.
The group sings all its music unaccompanied with one voice per part, the purity of the voices giving Cantiones Sacrae its distinctive sound.
"Their talents lie in the ability to make difficult unaccompanied part songs look easy, and sound terrific"
- The Courier, Dundee Daily newspaper for Dundee and surrounding area
- The Dogs of Menteith The homepage of the descendants of the DOG family of Kilmadock Parish, Perthshire, Scotland including DOIG, DOIGE, DOIGG, DOEG, and DOEGG
- Dundee City Archives Dundee City Archives holds the official records of Dundee City Council, of the former City of Dundee District Council, the former Corporation of Dundee and the former Tayside Regional Council.
The Centre also holds records retransmitted from the National Records of Scotland (NRS), such as kirk session minutes in the Presbytery of Dundee
- Dundee City Archives Photo Gallery A collectionof old photos from Dundee and environs
- Dundee Howff The Howff Cemetery is situated in the heart of Dundee, Scotland and is a favourite haunt (please excuse the pun) of locals who use it especially during the summer months to spend some time relaxing on their lunch breaks. The cemetery has been in existence since around 1564 when Mary Queen of Scots granted the town the lands of a former monastery and its orchard for use as a burial ground
- Dundee Industrial Heritage - RRS Discovery Dundee Heritage Trust is a registered charity with responsibility for the care and interpretation of the internationally significant Royal Research Ship Discovery and its associated museum Discovery Point and for Scotland’s Jute Museum @ Verdant Works, one of the nation’s most important textile museums. Both sites are Accredited museums and have won numerous awards, both national and international
- Dundee Industrial Heritage - Verdant Works Dundee Heritage Trust and its operating company Dundee Industrial Heritage Limited are both registered charities formed in 1985 to preserve and interpret Dundee’s industrial past
- Dundee Operatic Society facebook page Entertaining the City of Dundee since 1922
- Fife Family History Society Fife Family History Society, which was formed in 1989 aims to join together people with an interest in the research of their Fife ancestors
- Friends of Dundee City Archives The Friends of Dundee City Archives is an organisation, established in 1989 to support the work of the archivists in Dundee. An important aim of the group is to raise public awareness of the work of the Archivist's office and of the importance of preserving documents which may be of value to historians in future years.
- Gazetteer of British Place Names This Gazetteer provides an exhaustive Place Name Index to Great Britain, containing over 50,000 entries. It lists the historic county and the main administrative areas in which each place lies.
- Gazetteer for Scotland This Gazetteer for Scotland is a vast geographical encyclopaedia, featuring details of towns, villages, bens and glens from the Scottish Borders to the Northern Isles. The first comprehensive gazetteer produced for Scotland since 1885, it includes tourist attractions, industries and historical sites, together with histories of family names and clans, biographies of famous Scots and descriptions of historical events associated with Scotland. Includes the text of Groome's 19th Century Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland to provide a historical perspective on many of the places described.
- Geograph UK The Geograph® Britain and Ireland project aims to collect geographically representative photographs and information for every square kilometre of Great Britain and Ireland, and you can be part of it
- GKB Enterprises GKB Enterprises originated in 1996 with the aim of promoting important but little-known aspects of Scottish life and culture, past and present. It was, and remains, self-funded and non profit-making. On a very small scale we continue to carry out publication of Scottish poetry, fiction and historical memoirs under the imprints of GKB Books and the Bellfield Press
- HM Frigate Unicorn His Majesty’s Frigate Unicorn, of 46 guns, was built for the Royal Navy in the Royal Dockyard at Chatham and launched in 1824. She is now the World’s last intact warship from the days of sail, one of the six oldest ships in the world and Scotland’s only representative of the sailing navy
- Jynx Dundee facebook page Memorabilia of a Rock Band from Dundee, Scotland active between 1967 and 1971
- Lynda's Lot A personal website dedicated to descendants and kinsfolk of certain immigrants to New Zealand.
- Nicholson Family Library Canon Nigel Nicholson has worked for over 38 years, as a hobby, putting together a comprehensive collection of family trees for the Nicholson family library. In 1996 he published the current state of his research in a 500 page leather-bound book. Now, thanks to the contributions of many readers a second updated edition has been published - our line is included at item 33, Speymouth on page 108
- Nine Incorporated Trades of Dundee The Nine Incorporated Trades of Dundee website is an ongoing project to transcribe the records of the nine crafts. Providing a growing repository of documents and imagery that covers both the history and traditions associated with the Trades in Dundee. Included here are records of other public bodies in the burgh, with extracts from various books and charters, many in the original spelling and grammar
- PhotoDundee One city, two bridges, two football teams, two universities, several areas, dozens of communities, hundreds of thousands of residents... many photos
- Photopolis - Old Dundee in Photographs Photopolis is a major photographic digitisation programme undertaken by Dundee City Council with funding from the Scottish Cultural Resources Access Network (SCRAN). A selection of high-quality photographs from various collections in the Central Library and the City Archives have been digitised to a high resolution
- Raitt Stuff A personal website for folk across the world with the surname Raitt and variants
- Retro Dundee My wee offbeat look back at what life was like for my generation growing up in Dundee during the 1960's - 1970's - 1980's
- Scotlands DNA Launched in 2011, myDNA.global has research at its roots. Born from an innovative project bringing together historical analysis and genetic information from ancestral DNA testing, myDNA.global aims to provide new insights into the genetic origins of the British & Irish and those of British descent
- Scotlands Places ScotlandsPlaces is a website that allows users to search across different national databases using geographic locations
- William Robertson Smith The original stimulus for this website emerged out of a disorganised mass of family documents and pictures in the possession of Robertson Smith’s family descendants in Germany and Canada
- Tay Valley FHS TVFHS Research Centre is located on the east coast of Scotland, at 179-181 Princes Street, Dundee, and remains one of the principal centres of Family History Research in the Tay Valley area, which comprises the counties of Angus, Fife, Kinross and Perthshire
- V&A at Dundee V&A Museum of Design Dundee will be an international centre of design for Scotland - the first ever design museum to be built in the UK outside London
- Visit Scotland Tourist information about Scotland
- What's in a Name? A personal website devoted to Forenames used in Scotland
- Whitton and Ritch Genealogy A personal website devoted to the surnames of Whitton and Ritch in Scotland
www links to many things ...
send me information of your genealogical website and I will endeavour to include it here; or tell me about broken links Email Genes on the Web
If you are looking for help with your research, please consider my research services, which you will find here Angus Ancestry