- Birth*: David Adamson was born on 30 October 1867 at Forfar, Scotland.
- He was the son of John Adamson and Isabella Moffat.
- (Deceased) Death*: David Adamson died on 30 November 1884 at Forfar Loch, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 17 1884 deaths in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar; see Reg of Corr Entries Vol III /1 208 17th December 1884; ref 259; David Adamson grocer's apprentice single; 1884 November Thirtieth about 8h pm in Forfar Loch opposite Inch[garth] Farm; UR 44 West High Street, Forfar; m 17 years; John Adamson grocer master, Isabella Adamson ms Moffat; drowned in attempting to save a companion, ice accident, not certified; John Adamson father; 1884 December 1st at Forfar W H Thomson registrar.1
- Newspaper Article*: He was mentioned in a newspaper article MELANCHOLY DROWNING ACCIDENT ON FORFAR LOCH
Owing to the severe frost yesterday, Forfar Loch was partially frozen over, and about eight o'clock last night David Adamson (17), son of John Adamson, grocer, West High Street, and Henry Rodger (16), son of David Rodger, West High Street, went, along with a number of companions, to test the ice at St Margaret's Loch, on the north side of the loch. Rodger had gone over on the ice for the distance of nearly twenty yards, when it suddenly gave way, and he was precipitated into the water. Adamson, on observing this, attempted his rescue by thowing the end of his overcoat to Rodger, who had by this time risen to the surface. Rodger caught hold of it, but owning to his benumbed condition, he lost his grasp, and Adamson being thrown back, also fell through the ice. A companion, named James Mann, attempted their rescue, but his efforts were unavailing, as they had disappeared under the ice by that time. The alarm was immediately given, and a large crowd soon collected on the spot. The boat belonging to Lord Strathmore was conveyed with all despatch from the boathouse at the west-end of the loch, and the search for the bodies commenced forthwith. The were recovered at about 11 30pm, and conveyed to the homes of their bereaved parents. on 1 December 1884 at Forfar Loch, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland.2
- Burial*: He was buried on 3 December 1884 at Newmonthill Cemetery, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; Angus Council, Newmonthill, grave ref A/113/3.3
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS statutory deaths [Aug 2004].
- [S32] Newspaper Article, Aberdeen Journal 1 Dec 1884.
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) https://www.deceasedonline.com/servlet/GSDOSearch [Nov 2014].
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS census 1871 image held [Aug 2005].
- [S30] LDS 1881 Census.
Mother*: Isabella Moffat b. Sep 1834, d. 14 Dec 1912
My Adamson Folk - descendant chart
Adamson, David c1765 descendants
Crighton, John c 1731 descendants
Doughtie, William c1700 descendants
Galoway, Rebeca c1720 descendants
Hall, Jannet c1770 descendants
Mennons, John c1720 descendants
Neave, James c1756 descendants
Richie, Agnes c1700 descendants