- Birth*: Hellen (Ellen) Wilkie was born on 7 January 1879 at Coutties Wynd, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; cert held; 1879 births in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar; Helen Cattanach Wilkie 1879 January seventh 1h 25m pm Coutties Wynd, f, John Simpson Wilkie railway engine cleaner Charlotte Fyfe Wilkie ms Cattanach 1878 December 31st Dunnichen; John Simpson Wilkie father present.
- She was the daughter of John Simpson Wilkie and Charlotte Fyffe Cattanach.
- (Deceased) Death*: Hellen (Ellen) Wilkie died on 17 February 1950 at age 71 1950 Death aged 71 years Commemorated on stone in Dunnichen Churchyard erected in memory of her grandfather John Cattanach.
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: She is commemorated on the headstone erected in August 1914 at Dunnichen Parish Church, Letham, Angus, Scotland. Inscription reads In sacred memory of John Cattanach died 25th August 1914 aged 84 years and his wife Mary Stirling died 17 November 1914 aged 80 years. Also their daughters Ellen died 25th January 1879 aged 15 years, their son Charles died at Islay, Alberta, Canada 31st July 1930 aged 76 years, Mary died 24th April 1943 aged 83 years, Johanna died 3rd February 1944 aged 73 years, Charlotte wife of John Wilkie, USA, died 16th April 1923 aged 89 years. And their children who died in infancy. Their daughter Ellen died 17th February 1950 aged 71 years.1
- [S43] PCC photos held.
- [S30] LDS 1881 Census FHL film 0203491 GRO ref vol 283 enum dist 2 page 9.
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Dunnichen; ED: 2; Page: 12; Line: 1; Roll: CSSCT1891_98; Year: 1891. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1891 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1891 Scotland Census. Reels 1-409. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Jan 2011]
Hellen (Ellen) Wilkie
Mother*: Charlotte Fyffe Cattanach b. 29 Jan 1855, d. 16 Apr 1923