- Birth*: Martha R McKane was born circa 1888.
- She was the daughter of Mary Ann Carmichael.1
- (Bride) Marriage*: Martha R McKane married Robert Davidson Nicolson, son of Alexander Fairweather Nicolson and Mary Hunter McHardy, on 10 July 1915 at 10 Dura Street, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1915 marriages in the district of St Andrew in the burgh of Dundee, ref 168; 1915 on the tenth day of July at 10 Dura Street Dundee after banns according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland; Robert D Nicolson mechanical engineer, bachelor, 26, 177 Victoria Road Dundee, Alexander Fairweather Nicolson mechanical engineer, Mary Nicolson ms McHardy (dec); Martha R McKane, spinster, 26, 20 Dura Street Dundee, William Mc Kane powerloon tenter, Mary Ann McKane ms Carmichael (dec); signed James Boath Wood, Hannah Ogilvie Murray, Albert Edward Nicolson, witnesses; registered 1915 July 11th at Dundee signed Jas Murray registrar.1
- Married Name: As of 10 July 1915, her married name was Nicolson.
- Photograph*: Robert Davidson Nicolson and Martha R McKane are in this photograph taken on 1 July 1950 at St Paul's Church, Nethergate, Dundee, Angus, Scotland, along with Eleanor C McKane.2
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1915 Dundee St Andrew 282/... 168 image held [Dec 2004].
- [S133] Interview with unknown informant (unknown informant address). Unknown repository (unknown repository address), CNM DGA Wedding Album .
Martha R McKane
Geddes, Janet c1745 descendants
Grant, John c1745 descendants
Henderson, Andrew c1768 descendants
Hume, John c1735 descendants
Kinloch, Thomas c1703 descendants
McLeish, James c1735 descendants
Nicolson, John c1765 descendants
Spense, Margaret c1703 descendants
Tait, John c1695 descendants
Worrel, John c1765 descendants