- Birth*: Jane Sword was born on 22 May 1861 at Dundee, Angus, Scotland.1
- She was the daughter of David Sword and Ann Kidd Robertson.
- Married Name: As of 25 March 1881, her married name was Costley.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Jane Sword married Charles Costley on 25 March 1881 at St Salvadors Church, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; Jane age 18, jute mill worker, Charles age 18, house painter.2
- [S40] Confirmation from JM [July 2005].
- [S40] From JM [July 2005].
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), Parish of Wallacetown, city of Dundee, book 21, page 38 [Jul 2004].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Dundee; ED: 21; Page: 39; Line: 1; Roll: CSSCT1891_94; Year: 1891. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1891 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1891 Scotland Census. Reels 1-409. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Oct 2011]
Mother*: Ann Kidd Robertson b. 19 Aug 1816, d. 27 Mar 1864