- Birth*: Helen Grant Nicolson was born on 24 June 1855 at St Nicholas, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.1
- She was the daughter of James Nicolson and Mary Emslie.
- (Witness) Marriage: Helen Grant Nicolson witnessed the marriage of John Rose and Susan Nicolson on Friday, 31 March 1882 at 31 Frederick Street, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland; cert held: 1882 marriages in the district of St Nicholas in the burgh of Aberdeen; 1182 on the thirty-first day of March at 31 Frederick Street Aberdeen after banns according to the Free Church of Scotland, John Rose telegraph clerk bachelor, 26, 34 St Nicholas Street Aberdeen, John Rose tinsmith journeyman (dec) Margaret Rose ms Shaw; Susan Nicholson spinster, 29, 31 Frederick Street Aberdeen, James Nicholson marble cutter (dec) Mary Nicholson ms Emslie (dec); Alex M Bannatyne Free Union Church Aberdeen, Helen Nicholson, James C Mitchell witnesses.
- Married Name: As of circa July 1891, her married name was Haynes.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Helen Grant Nicolson married Henry Adolphus Haynes, son of William Haynes and Amelia Lazerus, circa July 1891 at Southampton, England.2
- (Deceased) Death*: Helen Grant Nicolson died after 31 March 1911 probably England.
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), C111681 [Feb 2005].
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) FreeBMD Southampton Jun Quarter 2c 84 - but what about until 1907 it was illegal under Canon Law to marry one's deceased wife's sister? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deceased_Wife's_Sister's_Marriage_Act_1907.
- [S40] From RH [Jul 2005].
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) Findmypast [Jun 2010].
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) Findmypast; 1901 census RG 13/1003 Portsmouth
Helen Grant Nicolson
Mother*: Mary Emslie b. 22 Jun 1813, d. 29 Dec 1868