- Birth*: Percy Grant Powell photographer was born in 1890.1
- He was the son of John Samuel Powell and Helen Peters.1
- Marriage*: Percy Grant Powell photographer married Agnes Finlayson Nicolson, daughter of Alexander Fairweather Nicolson and Mary Hunter McHardy, on Saturday, 5 October 1912 at 53 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, ; 1912 marriages in the district of St Giles in the city of Edinburgh, ref 812; 1912 on the fifth day of October at 53 George VI Bridge Edinburgh ... in presence of Thomas Cameron McLeod photographer and Charlotte Martin McLeod dressmaker, Percy G Powell photographer batchelor aged 22 residing 28 Forrest Park Road Dundee parents John Samuel Powell library caretaker and Helen Powell ms Peters (dec), Agnes F Nicolson bromide pronter aged 22 residing 177 Victoria Road Dundee parents Alexander Fairweather Nicolson mechanical engineer and Mary Nicolson ms McHardy (dec), by warrant of Sheriff-Substitute of the Lothian and Peebles dated 5 October 1912, registered 1912 October 5 at Edinburgh signed R W Robertson registrar.1
- Military Service*: Percy Grant Powell photographer served with the Highland Light Infantry on 27 June 1916 at Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, , Name: Percival Grant Powell
Birth Date: abt 1890
Enlistment Age: 26
Marriage Date: 5 Oct 1912
Marriage Place: Edinburgh
Document Year: 1916
Residence Place: 55 Taylors Lane, Dundee
Regimental Number: 32517
Regiment Name: Highland Light Infantry
Number of Images: 21
Form Title: Record of Service
Other Records: Search for 'Percival Grant Powell' in other WWI collections
Name Relation to Soldier
Percival Grant Powell Self (Head)
Agnes F Nicholson Spouse
Lena Saunderson Powell Child
Doris Winifred Powell Child.3
- Directory Entry*: Percy Grant Powell photographer appeared in a directory of between 1918 and 1919 living at 55 Taylor's Lane, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; photographer.4
- Directory Entry: He appeared in a directory of between 1920 and 1921 living at 55 Taylor's Lane, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; commercaial photographer.4
- Passenger List*: He was found on the passenger list of Walmer Castle Ship The Union Castle Mail Steamship co on 28 January 1921 at Southampton, England to South Africa, , on the ship Walmer Castle, bound for Cape Town, South Africa; Mr & Mrs P G Powell, photographer, both aged 31, destination Rhodesia, South Africa, with daughters Miss L aged 7 and Miss D aged 4.5
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Stautory Marriage 1912 Edinburgh ref 685/04 0812 image held [Jan 2015].
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Stautory Birth 1915 Dundee St Peter ref 282/1 572 [Jun 2020].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) British Army WWI Service Records, 1914-1920[Jun 2020].
- [S37] Directory Dundee (Dundee:, [Jan 2015]. Hereinafter cited as Dundee Directory.
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Information Ancestry.com. UK, Outward Passenger Lists, 1890-1960 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2012. Original data: Board of Trade: Commercial and Statistical Department and successors: Outwards Passenger Lists. BT27. Records of the Commercial, Companies, Labour, Railways and Statistics Departments. Records of the Board of Trade and of successor and related bodies. The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, England. [Mar 2014]
M, #11500, b. 1890
Last Edited: 18 Jun 2020