F, #12694, b. circa 1863
- Birth*: Mary David was born circa 1863.1
- She was the daughter of John David and Mary Lumsdaine.1
- Married Name: As of 21 June 1893, her married name was Sime.1
- Marriage*: Mary David married James Sime, son of Thomas Sime and Catherine Whitelaw, on Wednesday, 21 June 1893 at Youngs Rooms, Nethergate, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1893 marriages in the district of St Mary in the burgh of Dundee, ref 107; 1893 on the Twenty-First day of June at Youngs Rooms Nethergate Dundee after publication according to the forms of the Congregational Church, signed James Sime mechanical engineer bachelor, aged 26, residing Clunie Cottage North Clepington Road Mains, parents Thomas Sime jute factory manager and Catherine Sime ms Whitelaw (dec); signed Mary David boot saleswoman spinster aged 29 residing 4 Craigie Street Dundee, parents John David bootmaker and Mary David ms Lumsdaine; signed David Barron minister Princes St Church, signed George S B Rovertson, Minnie David witnesses, registered 1893 June 29th at Dundee signed John Taylor assist registrar initialled JA [Jas Anderson registrar].1
Last Edited: 26 Aug 2015
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1893 Dundee St Mary 282/02 0107 image held [Aug 2015].
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Birth 1896 Mains 307/01 0087 no image held [Aug 2015].