- (Informant) Birth: Eliza Gamley registered the birth of James Gamley Moir on 5 March 1875 at 1 Charles Street, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; 1875 births in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar ref 116; James Gamley Moir illegitimate born 1875 March Fifth 11h 30m pm at 1 Charles Street Forfar, male, parents John Moir factory worker (yarn presser) and Eliza Gamley factory worker; signed John Moir father 1 Horse Water Wynd Forfar, signed Eliza Gamley mother; registered 1875 March 25th at Forfar W H Thomson registrar.3,1
- Married Name: As of after 5 March 1875, her married name was Fyfe.2
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Stautory Birth registration 1875 Forfar ref 282/00 0116 image held [Jul 2016].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Stautory Marriage registration 1898 Forfar ref 288/0A 0032; image held [Jul 2016].
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) British Army Service Records 1914-1920 Transcription, URL of this page: http://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=gbm%2fwo363-4%2f7392033%2f42%2f707 [Jul 2016].
Last Edited: 7 Jul 2016