- (Headstone) Memorial Inscription*: Edward Conway was erected on 25 April 1917. Inscription reads CorporalCONWAY, EDWARD
Service Number 10385
Cameronians (Scottish Rifles.)3
- Death*: He died on 25 April 1917 at France, ; First name(s) Edward
Last name Conway
Birth year -
Death year 1917
Death date 25 Apr 1917
Unit 1St Bn.
Regiment Cameronians (Scottish Rifles)
Grave reference Bay 6.
Cemetery or memorial Arras Memorial
Burial country France
War First World War, 1914-1918
Record set Commonwealth War Graves Commission Debt Of Honour
Category Military, armed forces & conflict
Subcategory First World War
Collections from Great Britain, UK None.1
- Military Service*: Edward Conway served with the Cameronians (Scottish Rifles) between 1914 and 1917.
- Military Service: Edward Conway served with the Cameronians (Scottish Rifles) on 25 April 1917 at Flanders, France, , Name: Edward Conway
Birth Place: Govan, Glasgow
Residence: Govan, Glasgow
Death Date: 25 Apr 1917
Death Place: France and Flanders
Enlistment Place: Hamilton
Rank: A Corporal
Regiment: Cameronian (Scottish Rifles)
Battalion: 1st Battalion
Regimental Number: 10385
Type of Casualty: Killed in action
Theatre of War: Western European Theatre.4
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) Record Transcription:
Commonwealth War Graves Commission Debt Of Honour [Apr 2020].
- Find a Grave, database and images (https://www.findagrave.com : accessed 11 June 2020), memorial page for Corporal Edward Conway (unknown–25 Apr 1917), Find a Grave Memorial no. 124946564, citing Arras Memorial, Arras, Departement du Pas-de-Calais, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, France ; Maintained by Paul R (contributor 47317162) . [Jun 2020]
- [S31] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org/) https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/745290/conway,-edward/.
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) UK, Soldiers Died in the Great War, 1914-1919 [Jun 2020].
M, #16491, d. 25 April 1917
Last Edited: 17 Jun 2020