Helen Stirling Wilkie
F, #2157, b. 5 September 1867, d. 19 January 1959
Nellie Paterson April 1945
David Law Paterson & wife Nellie (right) (unknown woman on right) April 1945
- Birth*: Helen Stirling Wilkie was born on 5 September 1867 at Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- She was the daughter of Ewan Wilkie and Janet Young.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Helen Stirling Wilkie married David Low Paterson, son of John Paterson and Mary Findlay, on 3 June 1896 at Catholic Apostolic Church, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1896 on the third day of June at Catholic Apostolic Church Dundee after publication according to the forms of the Catholic Apostolic Church David Paterson baker journeyman bachelor, 28, 4 Murray Place Lochee, fath John Paterson seaman mate ms (dec), moth Mary Paterson ms Findlay (dec), Helen Stirling Wilkie twine packer spinster, 28, 30 Pitfour Street Dundee, fath Ewan Wilkie police constable (dec), moth Jessie Wilkie ms Young, signed D A Cherry (?), wit William Wilkie, Catherine Paterson, reg 1896 June 6th at Dundee Tho Meek assist registrar.2
- (Spouse) Death: Her spouse David Low Paterson died on 4 January 1946 at Paterson Place, Invergowrie, Angus, Scotland; David Law Paterson master baker retired married to Helen Stirling Wilkie, 1946 January 4th 0h 30m am Paterson Place Invergowrie, m, 77 years, fath John Paterson journeyman baker (dec), moth Mary Paterson ms Findlay (dec), a) rheumatoid arthritis 20 years b) cachescia 2 years as cert by Ruth M Morris MD Invergowrie, inf Thomas Phinn nephew 15 West Bell Street Dundee, reg 1946 January 4th at Longforgan David F Stewart registrar.3
- (Deceased) Death*: Helen Stirling Wilkie died on 19 January 1959 at The Home, King Street, Dundee, Angus, Scotland, at age 91 1959 deaths in the district of Dundee West in the burgh of Dundee, ref 82; Helen Stirling Paterson widow of David Law Paterson baker master retired; 1959 January nineteenth 10h 10m am The Home, King Street, Dundee, UR Paterson Place Invergowrie; f, 91 years; father Ewan Wilkie police contable (dec), mother Jessie Wilkie ms Young (dec); cod broncho pnemonia as cert by W G Birrell MBChB; informant John M Wilkie nephew Hillcrest, Hillside Road, Monkswood, Glasgow, p3; registered 1959 January 20th at Dundee John E Cant registrar.4
Last Edited: 21 Nov 2014
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), C112821.
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), via CPT [Dec 2009].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS [Aug 2005].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, image held GROS ref 282/02 0082, from CPT [Jan 2010].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) 1871 Scotland census, parish Liff & Benvie, ed 27, page 32 [Sep 2010].
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), FHL film 0203482 GRO ref vol 282-2, enum 24 page 26 [Jul 2010].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) 1891 Scotland census, parish Liff, Benvie & Invergowrie, ed 3, page 3 [Sep 2010].