F, #2217, b. 1931, d. 18 March 2018
Florence McMillan MacKenzie
- Birth*: Florence McMillan was born in 1931 at New York, New York, USA.1,2
- Married Name: As of circa 1954, her married name was McKenzie.1
- Married Name: As of circa 1954, her married name was MacKenzie.1
- (Deceased) Death*: She died on 18 March 2018 at St Lambert, Quebec, Canada, Scott MacKenzie :
The adventure ended for my mother Florence McMillan MacKenzie yesterday at age 87. She lived a full life and passed away unexpectedly yet peacefully. My siblings (Randy, Sharon, and Don) want you all to know how much she loved her family, friends and community and to rest assured that this is not a sad occasion (mom was part Irish).
She was born in New York city, raised on a farm in eastern Ontario, moved to Montreal to work as an Executive Secretary at Bell Canada (met my father there) and in 1961 settled in Greenfield Park. Mom quickly became involved in a variety of activities such as teaching Sunday school at the United Church and helping lead the Blackfoot cub pack. She raised four children, then returned to the workforce and in her early 60s completed a 3-yr diploma Social Work program at Concordia University. Mom will be remembered by many as a kind and gentle person who did her best to make others feel welcome.
Visitation will take place at MacGillivray Funeral Home in St. Lambert (307 Riverside) on Saturday March 24 from 2-4PM followed by a brief service and a reception. Services will be live-streamed for those not able to attend (www.dignitequebec.com) All are welcome to celebrate her life and we all thank you in advance for your kind thoughts and condolence.2
Last Edited: 28 Apr 2018
- [S40] JP [Aug 2005].
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) Facebook announcement by SM [Mar 2018].