F, #4359, b. 13 November 1805, d. 26 December 1857
- Birth*: Jean Adamson was born on 13 November 1805 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- She was the daughter of John Adamson and Agnes Webster.
- Married Name: As of 25 June 1830, her married name was Halkney.
- Marriage*: Jean Adamson married William Halkney on Friday, 25 June 1830 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland.2
- (Erector) Memorial Inscription: A Headstone was erected by Jean Adamson after 14 February 1855 at New Cemetery, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads Wm Halkney 14.2.1855 (56), by w Jean Adamson, s John 6.1857 22.3
- Death*: She died on 26 December 1857 at East High Street, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 52; 1857 deaths in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar; ref 251; Halkney Jean MS Adamson widow of a linen weaver; 1857 december twenty-sixth 6h 0m am East High Street Forfar; f 52 years; John Adamson sawyer Agnes Adamson ms Webster (dec); dropsy twelve months as certified by Charles Hunter surgeon who saw deceased 24 December 1857; New Cemetery Forfar as certified by George Patterson sexton... ... brother-in-law present; 1857 December 26 at Forfar John Webster registrar.4
Last Edited: 13 Apr 2015
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), [Aug 2008].
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI), M112884 [Aug 2008].
- [S42] Alison Mitchell ed. Monumental Inscriptions pre-1855 Angus Strathmore vol 1, Scottish Genealogy Society, Edinburgh, first ed (1979, reprint 1993 & 1996) 0 901061 20 4 Forfar Cemetery pg 136 ref 146 (next to 145 John Adamson 9.9.1859 81) [Apr 2015].
- [S50] Unknown subject, International Genealogical Index (IGI) (New Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland: General Record Office of Scotland), GROS Statutory Death 1857 Forfar ref 288/00 0251 image held [Aug 2008].