M, #4478, b. 17 April 1831, d. 19 May 1875
Last Edited: 11 Jul 2010
- Birth*: William Ramsay was born on 17 April 1831 at Lochee, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; LDS [Aug 2008].
- He was the son of John Ramsay and Agnes Yeaman.
- (Groom) Marriage*: William Ramsay married Jane Welsh on 25 December 1866 at Kirkden, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; image held: GROS 298/00/0007; 1866 marriages in the parish of Kirkden in the county of Forfar; #7; 1866 on the twenty-fifth day of December at East Idvies parish of Kirkden after banns according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland; William Ramsay farmer bachelor, 34, Drummietermont parish of Dunnichen, John Ramsay farmer Agnes Ramsay ms Yeaman; Jeane Welsh housekeeper spinster, 24, East Idvies parish of Kirkden, Thomas Welsh farmer Isabel Welsh ms Brown (dec); James Anderson minister of Kirkden, David Wilson ... Dick witnesses; 1866 December 27th at Schoolhouse of Kirkden George Sheriffs registrar [Aug 2008].
- (Deceased) Death*: William Ramsay died on 19 May 1875 at Drummietermont, Letham, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, , at age 44 from MI Dunnichen [Apr 2009].
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: He is commemorated on the headstone erected by Jane Welsh after 19 May 1875 at Dunnichen Churchyard, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads Erected by Mrs Ramsay in memory of her husband William Ramsay farmer, Drummietermont who died on the 19th May 1875 aged 45. The above Mrs Jane Ramsay who died at Ochterlonie Mains on the 7th Novr 1902 aged 62. Grace Welsh much beloved daughter of the above who died at Drummietermont on the 5th March 1906. John Ramsay eldest son of the above who died on the 8th Aug  aged . Also their youngest daughter Jane Welsh Ramsay died 17th March 1964, aged 90.1
Dunnichen - William Ramsay & Jane Welsh
- [S43] PCC photos held [Apr 2009].