- Occupation: Edward was blacksmith.1
- Birth*: He was born on 11 November 1887 at Westport, Buller, New Zealand.2,1,3
- He was the son of Charles John Gear and Sophia Ann Bates Moore.1
- Marriage*: Edward Henry Gear married Margaret Guthrie Kidd, daughter of William Kidd and Ann McQueen Alexander, on Tuesday, 10 August 1909 at residence of William Kidd, Millerton, Buller, New Zealand; Henry was a 22 year-old bachelor & blacksmith born in Westport and residing in Millerton. Margaret was an 18 year-old spinster with no listed profession, born in Brunnerton and residing in Millerton. Married by certificate. Both signed their names. Marriage witnesses: James BROWN (storekeeper at Millerton), Myrtle KENNEDY (domestic duties) & William KIDD (Margaret’s father).4,1,3August 9th 1909, Millerton, New Zealand. Wedding of Margaret Guthrie Kidd and Edward Henry Gear.
Wedding party L-R : William Esau Kidd (with unknown best man seated in front), Isabella Kidd aged 20, Margaret Guthrie Kidd, bride aged 18, Edward Henry Gear, groom aged 22, Elizabeth Ann McQueen Kidd aged 11, Ann McQueen Kidd, mother of the bride aged 42, on her knee Fred Fox aged 2, Frances Fox nee Kidd aged 22, Margaret Guthrie Broadfoot, sister of the mother of the bride aged 39, Thomas Alexander aged 84, Jack Broadfoot holding his son Johnny, Thomas Alexander Kidd aged 21, Albert Kidd aged 15 seated on ground. Unfortunately the father of the bride, William Kidd, was standing at the extreme left hand side, but the photographer had his thumb over the lens and William Kidd was blotted out!
- Death*: Edward Henry Gear died on 12 December 1958 at Westport, Buller, New Zealand, at age 71; Unknown GEDCOM info: heart attack.1,3
- Probate*: His estate was probated on 4 February 1959 at Greymouth Court, Greymouth, Grey, New Zealand (# 3444).5,1
- [S123] LGB, Tait Gear & related surnames in "GEDCOM from LGB via FB", listserve message to Facebook, 2015. Printout dated 11/11/2015, [Nov 2015]. Hereinafter cited as GEDCOM LGB.
- [S70] Unknown name of person, unknown record type (unknown file date), unknown repository, unknown repository address.
- [S40] From CFmsM [Mar 2010].
- [S98] Unknown name of person, unknown record type (unknown file date), unknown repository, unknown repository address.
- [S80] Unknown name of person, unknown record type (unknown file date), unknown repository, unknown repository address.
- [S40] CMF [Mar 2010].
Edward Henry Gear
Mother*: Sophia Ann Bates Moore1 b. 30 Dec 1858, d. 23 Jun 1911
Phyllis Isabel Gear1 b. 10 Jul 1911, d. 1991
Doris May Gear1 b. 20 May 1914, d. 23 Feb 1996
Dardenella Gear1 b. 2 Dec 1915, d. 24 Jun 2014
Albert Henry Edward Gear1 b. 14 Mar 1917, d. 28 Nov 1990
Thora Gear1 b. 31 Aug 1918, d. 11 Sep 2000
David Henry Edward Gear1 b. 27 Mar 1920, d. 18 Sep 2008
Gilbert Niven Gear1 b. 27 Aug 1921, d. 25 Feb 2005
John Charles Gear1 b. 25 Feb 1923, d. 18 Sep 2012
Margaret Guthrie Gear1 b. 10 Jul 1924, d. 10 Dec 1992
Frederick William Gear1 b. 7 Feb 1926, d. 7 Sep 1945
Robert Alexander Gear1 b. 9 Mar 1929, d. 27 Oct 2000
Donald Allan Gear+1 b. 5 Jan 1931, d. 8 Feb 2010