- Birth*: David Dawson was born on 4 December 1856 at Dunottar, Kincardineshire, Scotland.1
- He was the son of George Dawson and Magdalen Nicol Orkney.
- (Deceased) Death*: David Dawson died on 14 December 1861 at Dunottar, Kincardineshire, Scotland, at age 5.2
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: He is commemorated on the headstone erected on 18 February 1896 at Dunnottar Churchyard, Dunnottar, Kincardineshire, Scotland. Inscription reads Dunnottar churchyard : Geo Dawson fish curer Stonehaven d 18.2.1896 72, w Magdalene Nicol Orkney 19.10.1884 62, chn John 16.4.1854 2y9m, Geo 15.7.1855 5y9m, David 14.12.1861 5y, Mary 8.7.1897 29, Wm fish curer Stonehaven, d 8.3.1914 60, Geo 22.11.1927 66, Magdalen 24.5.1931 75.3,2
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), [Sept 2009].
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) ANESFHS MI index Dunnottar stone 108 [Sept 2009].
- [S24] Alison Mitchell ed. Monumental Inscriptions pre-1855 Kincardine, Scottish Genealogy Society, Edinburgh, first ed (1999) 0 901061 298002 Kincardineshire monumental insription pre 1855, ed Alison Mitchell [Dec 2009].
Mother*: Magdalen Nicol Orkney b. 15 Apr 1822, d. 19 Oct 1884