- Birth*: Betty Cuthbert was born say 1794 at Kirriemuir, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- Marriage*: She married George Adamson, son of George Adamson and Elizabeth Crammond, say 1814 at Forfarshire, Scotland.2
- Married Name: As of circa 1814, her married name was Adamson.2
- (Spouse) Death: Her spouse George Adamson died on 1 March 1856 at Crofthead, Kirriemuir, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1856 deaths in the parish of Kirriemuir in the county of Forfar, ref 26, Adamson George married, 1856 March First 6h 30m am Crofthead Kirriemuir, male aged 67 years, parents George Adamson manufacturer (dec) and Elizabeth Adamson maiden name Crammond (dec); cause gastric fever 15 days as certified by Alex Mc... surgeon who saw deceased February 29th, buried Churchyard Kirriemuir as certified by John Robertson sexton, signed James Adamson son not present, registered 1856 March 4th at Kirriemuir signed James Stirling registrar.3,4
- (Erector) Memorial Inscription*: A Headstone was erected by Betty Cuthbert in 1861 at Kirriemuir Cemetery, Kirriemuir, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads Geo Adamson 1.3.1856 67, w Betsey Cuthbert 3.5.1868, chn Eliz 18.10.1867 39, Helen & Margt d inf.5
- Death*: She died on 3 May 1868.6
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: She is commemorated on the headstone erected by David Adamson in 1861 at Quarry of Kirriemuir Cemetery, Kirriemuir, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads 1861:
In memory of Isabella Duncan wife of David Adamson Den Acre who died 10th February 1879 aged 54 years
The above David Adamson died 13th September 1900 aged 83 years
Alexander Adamson died 8th July 1911, aged 86 years
Charles Adamson died 3rd February 1902 aged 72 years
In memory of George Adamson died 1st March 1856 aged 67
Also of his wife Betsy Cuthbert died 3rd May 1868 aged 76
And of their children Elisabeth died 18th October 1867 aged 39
Also Helen & Margaret who died in infancy
In memory of Mary Ann Robb beloved wife of William Adamson born 22nd August 1842 died 26th August 1900
The above William Adamson died 4th January aged 93 years
And their daughter Mary Lizzie Charlotte Adamson or Heron died 16 December 1940.7
- Marriage*: Betty Cuthbert married George Adamson, son of George Adamson and Elizabeth Crammond, say 1814 at Forfarshire, Scotland.2
- [S13] Website FreeCEN UK Census Online Project (http://www.freecen.org.uk/) FreeCEN SCT1841/299, Kirriemuir, enum dist 9, foilio 9, page 6; Peerhead [May 2009].
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), calc from family [Apr 2009].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Kirriemuir; ED: 3; Page: 12; Line: 5; Roll: CSSCT1861_43. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1861 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006.
Original data: Scotland. 1861 Scotland Census. Reels 1-150. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Aug 2013]
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Death 1856 Kirriemuir 229/00 0026 [Aug 2013].
- [S42] Alison Mitchell ed. Monumental Inscriptions pre-1855 Angus Strathmore vol 1, Scottish Genealogy Society, Edinburgh, first ed (1979, reprint 1993 & 1996) 0 901061 20 4 Kirriemuir Cemetery ref 23c page 230 no 52.
- [S56] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), Pedigree Resource File, database, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.2.1/3MXV-8MB : accessed 2013-08-14), entry for David William Duncan /Adamson/.
- [S40] DP [Apr 2015].
- DP [Apr 2015]
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS census 1851 Kirriemuir [Jan 2007].
David Adamson+ b. 3 Apr 1817, d. 13 Sep 1900
Janet Adamson b. s 1819
George Adamson b. 18 Dec 1821
Alexander Adamson b. 24 Oct 1824
Helen Adamson b. 28 Mar 1827, d. c 1828
John Adamson+ b. 28 Mar 1827, d. 11 Mar 1909
Elizabeth Adamson b. Jul 1828, d. 18 Oct 1867
Charles Adamson+ b. 5 Dec 1830, d. 3 Feb 1902
Margaret Low Adamson b. 15 Dec 1833, d. c 1834
Robert Adamson+ b. 13 Dec 1835, d. 28 Sep 1911
William Adamson+ b. 9 Jun 1838, d. 4 Jan 1932