- Birth*: Ann Moir Adamson was born circa 1879 at Kinnettles, Forfarshire, Scotland; from 1881 census.1
- She was the daughter of John Adamson and Mary Ann Lakie.
- Marriage*: Ann Moir Adamson married David Easton say 1900.
- Married Name: As of circa 1900, her married name was Easton.
- Married Name: As of 23 July 1923, her married name was Strachan.
- Marriage: Ann Moir Adamson married William Strachan on Monday, 23 July 1923 at The Manse, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1918 marriages in the distrcit of Forfar in the county of Forfar; ref 39; 1918 on the twenty-third day of July at The Manse Forfar after banns according to the forms of the established Church of Scotland; William Strachan factory fireman widower, 50, 4 Coutties Wynd Forfar, father John Strachan stone quarrier (dec) mother Margaret Strachan ms Carrie (dec); Ann Moir Easton facrtory worker widow, 40, 79 West High Street Forar, father John Adamson general labourer (retired) mother Mary Adamson MS Rathie (dec); signed W G Donaldson minister of Forfar, Robert Dorward Clarl, Georgina Carcarry witnesses; reg 1918 July 25th at Forfar John Y Craib registrar.2
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: Ann Moir Adamson is commemorated on the headstone erected by John A Easton say 1948 at Newmonthill Cemetery, Forfar, Angus, Scotland. Inscription reads Erected by John A Easton in memory of his father David Easton who died 6th April 1908 in his 32nd year, also his step-father William C Strachan who died 12th July 1948 in his 81st year and his dearly loved mother Ann Adamson who died 28th August 1948 in her 71st year. At Rest.3
- Death*: Ann Moir Adamson died on 28 August 1948 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; from MI.3
- [S30] LDS 1881 Census [Jun 2009].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1918 Forfar 288/A0 0039 image held [Jan 2008].
- [S21] Headstone Photograph; , photos held PCC [Sept 2010].
- [S30] LDS 1881 Census FHL film 0203493 GRO ref vol 297 enum dist 1 page 3 [Jun 2009].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) 1881 census Glamis Forfarshire [Dec 2010].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) 1891 census Forfar Forfarshire [Dec 2010].
Ann Moir Adamson
Mother*: Mary Ann Lakie b. c 1840, d. s 26 Apr 1913