- Name Variation: Janet Stirling was also known as Sterling.
- Occupation*: Janet was Yarn Winder, Letham.
- (Witness) Birthday Book: She was mentioned in a Birthday Book compiled by Margaret Anderson Kinnear .1
- Birth*: Janet Stirling was born on 17 August 1811 at Dunnichen, Angus, Scotland; birth date from birthday book.2
- She was the daughter of David Stirling and Jean Simson.
- Baptism: Janet Stirling was baptised on 22 August 1811 at Letham, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1811, August 22nd David Stirling in Letham and Jean Samson his spouse had a child baptized named ...3
- (Bride) Marriage*: She married William Kinnear, son of Thomas Kinnear and Margaret Hill, on 8 November 1832 at Dunnichen, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1832 8th November, William Kinnear and Janet Sterling both in this parish in Drummetermont proclaimed in order to be married.4
- Married Name: As of 8 November 1832, her married name was Kinnear.
- (Spouse) Death: Her spouse William Kinnear died on 6 November 1859 at Letham, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1859 deaths in the parish of Dunnichen in the county of Forfar, ref 34; Kinnear William weaver married; 1859 November sixth 0h 50m am Letham; male aged 53 years; parents Thomas Kinnear crofter (deceased) & Margaret Kinnear maiden name Hill (deceased); pneumonia 10 days as certified by Charles Hunter surgeon Forfar who saw deceased November 2nd; buried churchyard of Dunnichen as certified by David Smith sexton; W Ramsay [...] neighbour not present; registered 1859 November 7th at Letham Thomas Macbeth registrar.
- (Deceased) Death*: Janet Stirling died on 13 February 1884 at 17 New Road, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 72 1884 deaths in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar, ref 33; Janet Kinnear widow of William Kinnear weaver; 1884 February thirteenth 8h 15m am 17 New Road Forfar, female 72 years; parents David Stirling linen weaver (dec) and Jane Stirling ms Samson (dec); cause diabetes, years, as certified by Jno Cable LRCP; informant Margaret Adamson daugter present 17 New Road Forfar; reg 1884 February 14th at Forfar W H Thomson registrar.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Janet Stirling married William Kinnear, son of Thomas Kinnear and Margaret Hill, on 8 November 1832 at Dunnichen, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1832 8th November, William Kinnear and Janet Sterling both in this parish in Drummetermont proclaimed in order to be married.4
- [S6] Birthday Book seen and transcribed by PC in about 1988 - now thought to be in the hands of DDB[ID86]'s children [May 2011].
- [S6] Margaret Kinnear's birthday book.
- [S35] Old Parochial Register of pre-1855 (General Record Office of Scotland) OPR births 282/0010 0205 Dunnichen [Feb 2008].
- [S36] Old Parochial Register of marriage,pre-1855 (General Record Office of Scotland) image held; OPR marriages 283/ 0020 0150 Dunnichen [Aug 2007].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Dunnichen; ED: 3; Page: 10; Line: 740; Roll: ; Year: 1841.Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1841 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006. Original data: 1841 Scotland Census. Edinburgh, Scotland: General Register Office for Scotland. Reels 1-151. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Mar 2011]
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Dunnichen; ED: 4; Page: 13; Line: 21; Roll: 924; Year: 1851.Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1851 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006. Original data: Scotland. 1851 Scotland Census. Reels 1-217. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Mar 2011]
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) Record set 1861 England, Wales & Scotland Census Category Census, land & surveys Subcategory Census URL of this page: http://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=gbc%2f1861%2f0022644618 [Mar 2015].
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS census Forfar [May 2005].
- [S30] LDS 1881 Census LDS 1881 census on CD Forfar.
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS Cenus 1881 288/00 007/00 014 image held [Sep 2014].
Mother*: Jean Simson b. 24 Mar 1781, d. 12 Apr 1861
Jean Kinnear b. 1 Feb 1833, d. 13 Jun 1915
Mary Kinnear+ b. 23 Jan 1836, d. 25 Jan 1909
William Kinnear b. 5 Feb 1838, d. 24 Jun 1858
James Stirling Kinnear+ b. 25 Jan 1841, d. 12 Apr 1878
David Kinnear b. 4 Feb 1844, d. 5 Dec 1849
Alexander Saddler Kinnear+ b. 7 Aug 1849, d. 21 Aug 1923
Margaret Anderson Kinnear+ b. 20 Jan 1854, d. 31 May 1926