- Birth*: James Whyte was born on 13 February 1870 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; LDS.
- He was the son of James Whyte and Mary Langlands.
- (Groom) Marriage*: James Whyte married Agnes Burnet Stewart Adamson, daughter of James Adamson and Agnes Burnet, on 21 July 1899 at St John's Episcopal Church, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1899 marriages in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar, ref 60; 1899 21st July St John's Episcopal Church Forfar James Whyte factor worker bachelor, 29, South Street Kirriemuir, parents James Whyte factory worker & Mary Whyte ms Langlands (dec); Agnes Burnett Stewart Adamson factory worker spinster, 30, 30 South Street Forfar, parents James Adamson linen weaver (dec) & Agnes Adamson ms Burnett (dec), signed Hugh Mackean rector of St John's Episcopal Church Forfar, signed Henry Ross, Jane Samson, registered 1899 July 22nd Forfar signed W H Thomson.1
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: James Whyte is commemorated on the headstone erected by Janet Gardiner Neave in 1877 at Newmonthill Cemetery, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads Mitchell pre-1855 MI Forfar Cemetery ref 73; David Adamson 24.4.1872 75, w Jant Gardener Neave 1.6.1880 72, chn David 1.6.1835 5, Jean 20.6.1835 3, s Jas (chn Eliz 13.4.1859 4, Annie 28.5.1870 3, David 27.12.1880 28); Whole text from the stone reads: 1877 erected by Janet Gardener Neave in memory of her husband David Adamson who died 24th April 1872 aged 75 years, and of their children David died 1st June 1835 aged 5 years, Jean died 20th June 1835 aged 3 years, the said Janet Gardiner Neave died 1st June 1880 aged 72 years, her son James's children Elizabeth died 13th April 1859 aged 4 years, Annie died 28th May 1870 aged 3 years, David died 27th December 1880 aged 28 years, and his grand-children Jessie Adamson died 12th January 1881 aged 5 months; and on the back of the stone; Agnes Jessie died 12th January 1882 aged 8 weeks, his daughter Jessie died 5th May 1888 aged 26 years, his son Alexander died 2nd June 1889 aged 28 years, Agnes Burnet his wife died 24th June 1889 aged 61 years, the said James Adamson died 31st December 1894 aged 65 years, Margaret Kinnear wife of David Adamson died 31st May 1928 aged 72 years, Agnes Adamson wife of James Whyte died 8th February 1935 aged 66 years, James Whyte husband of Agnes Adamson died 22nd December 1896 aged 66 years.2,3
- (Spouse) Death: His spouse Agnes Burnet Stewart Adamson died on 8 February 1935 at 13 Morgan Street, Dundee, Angus, Scotland; Agnes Whyte married to James Whyte calander worker 1835 February 8th 7h 20m pm 13 Morgan Street Dundee, f, 66 years, fath James Adamson weaver (dec) moth Agnes Adamson ms Burnett (dec) cerebral thrombosis hypostatic pneumonia as cert by Gordon Mark MBChB, inf James Whyte widower present, reg 1935 February 9th Dundee H T Templeton registrar.4
- (Deceased) Death*: James Whyte died on 22 December 1936 at age 66.
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), Statutory Marriages 1889 Forfar ref 60, image held [Aug 2005].
- [S21] Headstone Photograph; , PCC.
- [S42] Alison Mitchell ed. Monumental Inscriptions pre-1855 Angus Strathmore vol 1, Scottish Genealogy Society, Edinburgh, first ed (1979, reprint 1993 & 1996) 0 901061 20 4 Forfar Cemetery pg 132 ref 73 [Apr 2015].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), image held; GROS statutory deaths 1935 Dundee St Andrew ref 96 [Oct 2009].
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Census 1901 Kirriemuir [Aug 2005].
My Adamson Folk - descendant chart
Adamson, David c1765 descendants
Burnet, Alexander c1768 descendants
Crighton, John c 1731 descendants
Doughtie, William c1700 descendants
Galoway, Rebeca c1720 descendants
Hall, Jannet c1770 descendants
Mackie, Janet c1804 descendants
Mennons, John c1720 descendants
Neave, James c1756 descendants
Richie, Agnes c1700 descendants
Strang, Agnes c1768 descendants
Strang, Agnes c1768 descendants