- Birth*: John Ogilvie Hood was born circa 1891.
- He was the son of Charles Swan Hood and Mary Smart.
- (Groom) Marriage*: John Ogilvie Hood married Davina Kinnear Gow Nicolson, daughter of Robert Davidson Nicolson and Isabella Yeaman, on 23 October 1914 at Catholic Apostolic Church, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; 1914 marriages in the district of St Mary in the burgh of Dundee, ref 376; 1914 on the twenty-third day of October at Catholic Apostolic Church Dundee after publication according to the forms of the Catholic Apostolic Church, signed John Ogilvie Hood calender worker bachelor aged 23 living at 12 Paterson Street Dundee, parents Charles Sivan Hood boilermaker and Mary Hood ms Smart; signed Davina Kinnear Gow Nicolson tow spinner spinster aged 20 years living at 12 Paterson Street Dundee, parents Robert Nicolson jute mill mechanic (dec) and Isabella Nicolson ms Yeaman; signed James Constable minister, P Dougall, Elizabeth Davidson witnesses, registered 1914 October 26th at Dundee Thos Meek registrar.1
- (Resident) Electoral Roll*: John Ogilvie Hood was listed at the same address as John Ogilvie Hood and Davina Kinnear Gow Nicolson in 1935 at Henui Street, New Plymouth, New Zealand, ; 4563 Hood, Davina, Henui Street, NP, married
4564 Hood, John Ogilvie, Henui Street, NP, labourer
Electoral year 1935
Page number 991
Record set New Zealand electoral rolls
Category Census, land & surveys
Subcategory Electoral Rolls
Collections from Australasia.2
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory marriages 1914 St Mary Dundee ref 376, image held [Nov 2011].
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) Collection New Zealand electoral rolls [Jul 2016].
- [S40] KAHS [Jul 2016].
John Ogilvie Hood
M, #1478, b. circa 1891
Last Edited: 27 Jul 2016