F, #10957, b. circa 1822, d. 28 April 1877
- Birth*: Betsy Hogg was born circa 1822.1
- Married Name: As of 22 July 1844, her married name was Mitchell.1,2
- Marriage*: She married Robert Mitchell on Monday, 22 July 1844 at Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland.1,2
- (Spouse) Death: Her spouse Robert Mitchell died before 1875.1
- Married Name: As of between 7 January 1875 and 28 April 1877, her married name was Milne.1
- Marriage*: Betsy Hogg married David Milne, son of James Milne and Marjory Matthew, between 7 January 1875 and 28 April 1877 at Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- Church Records*: Betsy Hogg was recorded in Tay Square Church 1876 Communicants record book : Certificate June 1876 : Died 28 April 1877 in June 1876 at 1 Well Road, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland.3
- (Deceased) Death*: She died on 28 April 1877 at 1 Well Road, Hawkhill, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, 1877 deaths in the district of St Peter in the burgh of Dundee, ref 180; Betsy Milne married 1st to Robert Mitchell carpet weaver, 2nd to David Milne printing overseer, 1827 April Twenty Eighth 1h 20m pm 1 Well Road, Hawkhill Dundee, female aged 54 years, parents William Hogg (dec) and Marjory Knox (dec), cause gastritis chronic 3 months as certified by David Greig MD, signed David Milne widower present, registered 1877 April 30th at Dundee Jas Young registrar.1
- (Spouse) Death: Their spouse David Milne died on 22 July 1905 at 26 Paterson Street, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1905 deaths in the district of St Clement in the burgh of Dundee ref 240, David Milne jute factory overseer widower of 1st Mary Ann Cairns, 2nd Betsy Hogg, 3rd Jane Westwood, 1905 July Twenty second 0h 20m am 26 Paterson Street Dundee, male aged 86 years, parents James Milne jute fatory manager (dec) and Marjory Milne ms Matthew (dec), cause senile decay as cert by A F Low MB, signed David M Milne son 13 Park Lane present, registered 1905 July 22nd at Dundee Alex Simpson registrar.4
Last Edited: 2 Mar 2018
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Deaths 1877 Dundee St Peter 282/01 0180 [April 2014].
- [S56] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), Scotland, Marriages, 1561-1910, index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTVH-GYK : accessed 29 Apr 2014), Robert Mitchell and Elizabeth Hogg, 22 Jul 1844; citing Dundee,Angus,Scotland, reference ; FHL microfilm 993404. [April 2014]
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS Statutory Death 1883 Dundee St Andrew 282/04 0572 [April 2014].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS Statutory Death 1905 Dundee St Clement 282/03 0240 [April 2014].