- Birth*: Margaret Adamson Paul was born on 6 May 1883 at 96 Hilltown, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1883 births in the district of St Clement in the burgh of Dundee, ref 339; Margaret Adamson Paul illegitimate, born 1883 May Sixth 5h 0m pm at 96 Hilltown Dundee, female; parents Jane Paul domestic servant domicile Parish of Urquart Morayshire, no father stated; signed Jane Paul mother, registered 1883 May 22 at Dundee signed David Scott registrar.2
- She was the daughter of David Adamson and Jane Tarray.2,3
- Married Name: As of 3 February 1904, her married name was Crockart.3
- Name Variation: As of 3 February 1904, Margaret Adamson Paul was also known as Adamson.3
- Marriage*: She married James Crockart, son of Robert Crockart and Helen Jane Beckett, on Wednesday, 3 February 1904 at Temperance Hotel, Wellmeadow, Blairgowrie, Perthshire, Scotland; 1904 marriages in the parish of Blairgowrie in the county of Perth, ref 6; 1904 on the Third day of February at Temperance Hotel Wellmeadow Blairgowrie after banns according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland, signed Jas Crockart ironmonger journeyman bachelor, aged 22, residing 1 Roland Terrace Leven, parents Robert Crockart gun and fishing tackle maker and Helen Jane Crockart ms Beckett, signed Maggie Adamson domestic servant spinster, aged 20 residing 5 Perth Street Blairgowire, parents David Adamson postman and Jane Adamson ms Paul; signed Robert Kemp minister, Agnes Adamson, Peter W Robertson witnesses, registered 1904 February 3rd at Blairgowrie signed Jas K Brown registrar.3
- (Deceased) Death*: Margaret Adamson Paul died before May 1915 at The Coast Hospital, Sydney, Australia.4
- Note for Web*: Margaret Adamson Paul After Maggie's death, her sister Isabella came out to help with the children and returned later to Scotland. James' sister 'Aunty Nell' then came to take her place. Aunty Nell stayed and married in Australia. after May 1915.4
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS STatutory Birthds 1883 Dundee St Clement 282/03 0339, image held, [Mar 2014].
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS Statutory Births 1883 Dundee St Clement 282/03 0339, image held, [Mar 2014].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1904 Blairgowrie 335/00 0006 [Mar 2014].
- [S40] MM [Mar 2014].
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) 1891 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription URL of this page: http://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=gbc%2f1891%2f0032128131 [Mar 2016].
Margaret Adamson Paul1
Mother*: Jane Tarray2 b. 1 Aug 1857, d. 29 Mar 1920