M, #12739, b. 23 October 1881
- Birth*: James Crockart was born on 23 October 1881 at Blairgowrie, Perthshire, Scotland.1,2
- He was the son of Robert Crockart and Helen Jane Beckett.1
- Marriage*: James Crockart married Margaret Adamson Paul, daughter of David Adamson and Jane Tarray, on Wednesday, 3 February 1904 at Temperance Hotel, Wellmeadow, Blairgowrie, Perthshire, Scotland; 1904 marriages in the parish of Blairgowrie in the county of Perth, ref 6; 1904 on the Third day of February at Temperance Hotel Wellmeadow Blairgowrie after banns according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland, signed Jas Crockart ironmonger journeyman bachelor, aged 22, residing 1 Roland Terrace Leven, parents Robert Crockart gun and fishing tackle maker and Helen Jane Crockart ms Beckett, signed Maggie Adamson domestic servant spinster, aged 20 residing 5 Perth Street Blairgowire, parents David Adamson postman and Jane Adamson ms Paul; signed Robert Kemp minister, Agnes Adamson, Peter W Robertson witnesses, registered 1904 February 3rd at Blairgowrie signed Jas K Brown registrar.1
Last Edited: 17 Apr 2018
- (Witness) Note for Web: James Crockart and Helen Crockart were mentioned with Margaret Adamson Paul and Isabella Adamson after May 1915. After Maggie's death, her sister Isabella came out to help with the children and returned later to Scotland. James' sister 'Aunty Nell' then came to take her place. Aunty Nell stayed and married in Australia.3
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1904 Blairgowrie 335/00 0006 [Mar 2014].
- [S56] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), results for Father Name: robert crockart, Mother Name: helen beckett; Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950 [Mar 2016].
- [S40] MM [Mar 2014].