- Birth*: Margaret Reid was born circa 1890.1
- She was the daughter of John Reid and Helen Fraser.1
- Marriage*: Margaret Reid married James Dickson, son of Alexander Dickson and Margaret Chalmers, on Friday, 26 March 1920 at 130 Overgate, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; 1920 marriages in the district of St Mary & St Peter in the burgh of Dunde, ref 136; 1920 on the Twenty Sixth day of March at 130 Overgate after publication according to the forms of the Church of God, signed James Dickson general labourer widower aged 55 residing 130 Overgate Dundee parents Alexander Dickson shoemaker (dec) and Margaret Dickson ms Chalmers (dec); and signed Margaret Reid jute preparer spinster aged 30 residing 130 Overgate Dundee parents John Reid ploughman (dec) and Helen Reid ms Fraser (dec); signed Donald Morrison pastor of the Churcvh of God, signed James Cochrane, Mary Ellen McGrath witnesses, registered 1920 March 29th at Dundee signed Thos Meek registrar.1
- Married Name: As of 23 March 1920, her married name was Dickson.1
- (Informant) Death: Margaret Reid registered the death of James Dickson on 2 March 1935 at Maryfield Hospital, Dundee, Angus, Scotland, ; 1935 deaths in the district of St Andrew in the burgh of Dundee, ref 150; James Dickson jute batcher retired married to 1st Isabella Ritchie and 2nd Margaret Reid; died 1935 March Second 0h 50m am at Maryfield Hospital Dundee ur 35 Larch Street; male aged 70 years parents Alexander Dickson shoemaker deceased ans Margaret Dickson ms Chambers (sic) deceased; cause cerebral haemorrhage as cert by Henry Buist MBChB, signed M Dickson widow 35 Larch Street, registered 1935 March 2nd at Dundee H T Templeton registrar.2
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriages 1920 Dundee St Mary & St Peter 282/1 136 [May 2017].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Death 1935 Dundee St Andrew 282/3 150 image held [May 2017].
F, #15011, b. circa 1890
Last Edited: 21 Jul 2017