- Birth*: David Niven was born on 25 May 1895 at 7 Edina Place, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland, ; David Niven 1895 May 25th 8h 30m am 7 Edina Place Edinburgh, m, fath John Niven railway clerk, moth Alice Niven ms Watson, mar 1885 June 17th Dundee, inf John Niven father, reg 1895 June 13th at Edinburgh Joseph J Anderson assist registrar.
- He was the son of John Niven railway clerk and Alice Nicolson Watson.
- Marriage*: David Niven married Elizabeth Latty Smith Drylie Baxter, daughter of William Baxter and Margaret Latty Drylie, say 1924 at Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland, .2
- (Deceased) Death*: David Niven died on 3 October 1968 at Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland, , at age 73.3
- Photograph*: David Niven is in this photograph taken say 1935.4
- (Witness) Death: He witnessed the death of Georgina N Watson on 4 July 1938 at 4 Woodside Street, Rosyth, Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland, ; Georgina Nicholson Keen widow of James Keen plumber 1938 July 4th 4h 15m pm 4 Woodside Street Rosyth Dunfermline, f, 76 years, fath James watson clothier (dec) moth Christina Watson ms Nicholson (dec), senility as cert by J Campbell MBChB, inf David Niven nephew 33 Quality Street Edinburgh, reg 1839 July 5th at Dunfermline David Watson registrar.5
- from Ancestry member OM [Oct 2019]
- [S40] Ancestry member OM [Jan 2019].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Ancestry Member OM [Jan 2019].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Ancestry member contact 15 Oct 2018 onwards.
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory death 1938 Dunfermline ref .../.. 288 image held [Oct 2005].
Mother*: Alice Nicolson Watson b. 25 Feb 1863, d. 17 Nov 1959