M, #3143, b. 6 March 1827, d. 22 April 1877
- Birth*: William Cross was born on 6 March 1827 at Contin, Ross & Cromarty, Scotland; LDS C110602 Aug 2006.
- He was the son of William Cross and Isabella MacDairmid.
- (Groom) Marriage*: William Cross married Ann Kinnear, daughter of William Kinnear and Catherine Wilkie, on 27 January 1860 at Letham, Dunnichen, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1860 marriages in the parish of Dunnichen in the county of Forfar; on the twenty seventh day of January 1860 at Letham ... Dunnichen marriage (after banns) was solemised between us according to the forms of the Free Church of Scotland; William Cross, 29 years, Little Lower parish of Inverarity, shepherd bachelor, parents William Cross ...man (postman?) Isabella Cross ms McDairmid; Ann Kinnear, 28 years, Letham parish of Dunnichen, linen weaver spinster, parents William Kinnear carrier (dec), Catherine Purvis ms Wilkie; John Wood minister of Free Church at Dunnichen, wit David Webb, James Kinnear, registered at Letham on 28th day of January 1860 Thomas Macbeth registrar.1
- (Deceased) Death*: William Cross died on 22 April 1877 at Stair, Iverarity, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 50 1877 deaths in the parish of Inverarity in the county of Forfar; ref 3 William Cross shepherd married to Ann Kinnear, 1877 April twenty-second 10h 0m pm Stair Inverarity, m, 47 years, William Cross post-runner (dec) Isabella Cross ms McDiarmid; acute pnuemonia 6 days chronic phthisis as cert by William T Grant MBCM; signed William Cross son Pitlivie Farm Panbride; registered 1877 April 25th at Inverarity signed Alex M Trotter registrar.2
- (Spouse) Death: Their spouse Ann Kinnear died on 22 July 1906 at Barns of Craig, Craig, Montrose, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1906 deaths in the parish of Craig in the county of Forfar; Annie Cross widow of William Cross shepherd; 1906 July twenty-second 10h 30m pm Barns of Craig, f, 75 years, William Kinnear weaver (dec) Catherine Kinnear ms Wilkie (dec), cancer of liver 2 years as cert by Jas Grant MA MBChB, signed Wm Aitken son-in-law present; registered 1906 July 23rd at Craig signed Walter W Graham registrar.3
Last Edited: 28 Jun 2016
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS statutory marriages; Letham; image held [Aug 2006].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Death 1877 Inverarity ref 292/00 0003 image held [Jun 2008].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS Statutory Death 1906 Montrose ref 17 image held [Aug 2004].
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) Record set 1861 England, Wales & Scotland Census, Category Census, land & surveys, Subcategory Census, Collections from Great Britain [Mar 2015].