- Birth*: William Ramsay was born on 7 June 1804 at Dunnichen, Forfarshire, Scotland, .1
- He was the son of James Ramsay and Isabella Allan.
- (Groom) Marriage*: William Ramsay married Jean Lawrence circa 1822.
- (Deceased) Death*: William Ramsay died on 3 October 1865 at Heyman Street, Letham, Dunnichen, Forfarshire, Scotland, , at age 61.2
- (Informant) Death: He registered the death of James Ramsay on 13 July 1861 at Letham, Dunnichen, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; 1861 deaths in the parish of Dunnichen in the county of Forfar; ref 14; James Ramsay retired farmer widower of Isabella Allan; died 1861 July sixteenth 5h 0m am Letham; male aged 83 years; parents William Ramsay farmer (dec) and Margaret Ramsay ms Lawrence (dec); cause diarrhea 6 days as cert by George P Alexander surgeon; signed W Ramsay son not present; registered 1861 August 5th at Letham signed Thomas Macbeth registrar.3,2
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: William Ramsay is commemorated on the headstone erected by James Ramsay in 1866 at Dunnichen Church, Letham, Forfarshire, Scotland, . Inscription reads in memory of William Ramsay late manufacturer Letham who died 5 Oct 1863 aged 61 years; and his wife Jean Lawrence who died 17 Nov 1864 aged 78 years; also their son William who died in infancy Feb 1827. erected by their only surviving son James in affectionate memory ..; Mitchell Pre-1855 MI pg 75; Dunnichen #41 ob 1866. Wm Ramsay late manuf Letham 5.10.1863 61, w Jean Lawrence 17.11.1864 78, s Wm 2.1827 inf, by only surviving s Jas.4,5
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), LDS [July 2008].
- [S40] From RM-K [July 2008].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS statutory deaths Dunnichen 283/00 0014 image held [Jul 2008].
- [S43] PCC photos held [Aug 2008].
- [S42] Alison Mitchell ed. Monumental Inscriptions pre-1855 Angus Strathmore vol 1, Scottish Genealogy Society, Edinburgh, first ed (1979, reprint 1993 & 1996) 0 901061 20 4 Mitchell Pre-1855 MI, Dunnichen, no 33 [Aug 2008].
Mother*: Isabella Allan b. c 1778, d. b Oct 1865