- Birth*: John Rogan was born say 1839 at Babrahwick, Ulster, Ireland, ; estim from 1871 census.1
- (Groom) Marriage*: He married Margaret Dickson, daughter of James Dickson and Sarah Conlin, on 10 April 1871 at Dysart, Fife, Scotland, ; 1871 marriages in the district of Dysart in the county of Fife, ref 21; 1871 on the tenth day of April at Dysart after banns according to the forms of the Church of Scotland; John Rogan flaxdresser bachelor, 32, residence Dysart, parents John Rogan farmer (dec), Rose Ann Rogan ms Thomson; Margaret Dickson factory worker spinster, 32, residence Dysart, parents James Dickson linen weaver, Sarah Dickson ms Conlan; signed J W Gibson minister at Dysart, James Dickson, Jessie Allan witnesses; registered 1871 April 13th at Dysart, William Bonthron registrar.2
- (Spouse) Death: His spouse Margaret Dickson died on 22 April 1876 at Coalgate, Dysart, Fife, Scotland, ; 1876 deaths in the district of Dysart in the county of Fife, ref 78; Margaret Rogan married to John Rogan flaxdresser; 1876 April Twenty Second 7h 0m pm Coalgate Dysart; female aged 37 years; parents James Dickson linenweaver, Sarah Dickson ms Conlin; cause phthisis 6 months as certified by N H Goodenough LRmCPOSCHer; informant James Dickson father present; registered 1876 April 20th at Dysart William Bonthron registrar.3
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) 1871 Scotland Census, Dysart, ed 3, page 7 [Oct 2010].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1871 Dysart Fife 426/00 0021 [Oct 2010].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Stautory Death 1876 Dysart Fife 426/00 0078 [Oct 2010].
M, #7498, b. say 1839
Last Edited: 14 Apr 2015