M, #8398, b. circa 1830
- Birth*: James Mill was born circa 1830.1
- Marriage*: He married Janet Small on Sunday, 23 April 1854 at Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland.2
- Marriage*: James Mill married Mary Kinnear, daughter of John Kinnear and Isabella Coutts, on Friday, 1 December 1876 at Chambers of Paul & Dickie solicitors 9 Ward Road, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1876 marriages in the district of St Mary in the burgh of Dunde, ref 234; 1876 on the first day of December at 9 Ward Road Dundee Chambers of Paul & Dickie solicitors by declaration in presence of John Hunter blacksmith 11 Robertson Street and Mary Treasurer or Crichton Land 13 Dudhope Crescent both of Dundee; signed James Mill shipwright (operations) widower of Janet Small, aged 45, 8 Graham Place Princes Street Dundee, parents Archibald Mill rural carrier (dec) and Margaret Mill ms Donaldson (dec); signed Mary Crichton widow of John Chrichton blacksmith, aged 37, 8 Graham Place Princes Street Dundee; parenst John Kinnear ploughman and Isabella Kinnear ms Coutts (dec); warrant of Sheriff Substitute of Forfarshire dated 2nd Dec 1876; registered 1876 December 2nd at Dundee Jas Anderson registrar.1
Last Edited: 14 Apr 2015
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS statutory marriages 1876 Dundee 282/01 0234 [Nov 2010].
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), IGI [July 2011].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Dundee; ED: 10; Page: 48; Line: 1; Roll: cssct1881_86; Year: 1881. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1881 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1881 Scotland Census. Reels 1-338. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Nov 2010]