- Birth*: Edith Margaret Ford was born on 20 March 1898 at 1 Morgan Street, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; cert held.
- She was the daughter of William Scott Ford and Margaret Scott Key.
- (Witness) Photograph: Edith Margaret Ford is in this photograph taken say December 1902 at Arbroath, Angus, Scotland, along with Margaret Scott Key, Agnes S Ford, Georgina Key, Archibald Hall Ford, Annie Gibson Ford and Jane Duncan Ford.1
- (Witness) Photograph: Edith Margaret Ford is in this photograph taken circa 1917 along with Dr Douglas George Adamson MBChB MD FRCP, Agnes S Ford, Jean Ford, Wilhelmina Ford, Margaret Kinnear Adamson and James Kinnear Adamson MA Ford and Adamson cousins.2
- (Witness) Photograph: Edith Margaret Ford is in this photograph taken circa 1917 along with Annie Gibson Ford, Jane Duncan Ford, Archibald Hall Ford, Wilhelmina Ford, Margaret Kinnear Adamson, James Kinnear Adamson MA and Dr Douglas George Adamson MBChB MD FRCP.1
- Note for Web*: Edith Margaret Ford Inaniton - Medicine / Pathology) exhaustion resulting from lack of food
Neurasthenia - a term coined in the late nineteenth century to refer to a condition of chronic mental and physical weakness and fatigue. Some researchers regard MCS as a twentieth-century version of neurasthenia. Mentioned in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity on 3 August 1919.3,4
- (Deceased) Death*: She died on 3 August 1919 at 35 Victoria Street, Arbroath, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 21 1919 deaths in the district of Arbroath & St Vigeans in the county of Forfar; 230; Edit Margret Ford typist single; 1919 August third 9h 0m am 35 Victoria Street Arbroath; female aged 21 years; parents William Scott Ford marine engineer and Margaret Scott Ford ms Key; inenition following neuresthenia 2 months as cert by W J R Dewar MD; Wm S Ford father present; 1919 August 4th at Arbroath Alex Smith Registrar.5
- (Interred) Burial*: She was buried on 7 August 1919 at Arbroath Western Cemetery, Arbroath, Angus, Scotland.6
- [S43] PCC.
- [S43] PCC.
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) http://www.thefreedictionary.com/inanition - Collins English Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged - Harper Collins 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003 [Feb 2013].
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/neurasthenia - Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine, 2008 The Gale Group [Feb 2013].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), image held; 1919 GROS statutory deaths 272/00 0236 [Jan 2009].
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) www.deceasedonline.com search only (no detail) [May 2010].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 4736; Folio: 155; Page: 32. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1901 England Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005. Original data: Census Returns of England and Wales, 1901. Kew, Surrey, England: The National Archives, 1901. Data imaged from the National Archives, London, England. The National Archives gives no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for the purpose of the information provided. Images may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to the National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU. [Jan 2012]
Edith Margaret Ford
Mother*: Margaret Scott Key b. 20 Jan 1872, d. 6 Apr 1952
Foord, Thomas c1717/18 descendants (#2)
Gibson, Alexander c1750 descendants (#1)
Gibson, Alexander c1750 descendants (#2)
Jarren, Jannet c1717/18 descendants (#1)
Jarren, Jannet c1717/18 descendants (#2)
Key, George c1770 descendants
Law, Alexander c1740 descendants
Myres, John c1790 descendants
Napier, Sarah c1790 descendants
Scott, David c1785 descendants (#1)
Scott, David c1785 descendants (#2)
Steven, Elizabeth c1751/52 descendants (#1)
Steven, Elizabeth c1751/52 descendants (#2)
Stewart, Jane c1785 descendants (#1)
Stewart, Jane c1785 descendants (#2)
Young, Helen c1750 descendants (#1)
Young, Helen c1750 descendants (#2)