- Birth*: Wilhelmina Ford was born in 1909.
- She was the daughter of William Scott Ford and Margaret Scott Key.
- (Witness) Photograph: Wilhelmina Ford is in this photograph taken circa 1917 along with Annie Gibson Ford, Jane Duncan Ford, Edith Margaret Ford, Archibald Hall Ford, Margaret Kinnear Adamson, James Kinnear Adamson MA and Dr Douglas George Adamson MBChB MD FRCP Ford and Adamson cousins.1
- Married Name: As of circa 1945, her married name was Edward.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Wilhelmina Ford married Francis Robert Edward circa 1945.
- Photograph*: Wilhelmina Ford and Francis Robert Edward are in this photograph taken on 1 July 1950 at St Paul's Church, Nethergate, Dundee, Angus, Scotland.2
- (Witness) Anecdote forWeb: Wilhelmina Ford was a witness Margaret Kinnear Adamson Bell recalled being told about her Key relatives: "Now, about the name TESCO as told to my cousin (Mrs Mina Edward nee Ford) - Margaret Key (we called her Maggie) married Tom Torring and he had a tea merchants business in London under the name of Torring & Stockwell.
How the Cohen came into it we do not know unless he also worked there and decided to branch out in provisions but they must have all been known to each other. A name for the new venture had to be found and they came up with :- T and S CO the initials of all three.
We do know that our cousin Maggie Key was a wealthy person when Tom Torring died as she had shares in TESCO and was very friendly with the Cohen family and was at all their family weddings.
The Torrings had two sons, William (Billy) and Alan but neither Mina nor I know anything about them."
The TESCO website says this "1924 The first own-brand product sold by Jack [Cohen] was Tesco Tea - before the company was called Tesco. The name comes from the initials of TE Stockwell, who was a partner in the firm of tea suppliers, and CO from Jack's surname."
So - are we related to Tesco via the Torrings, or was the 'T' in actual fact part of the TE Stockwell name?3,4
- (Deceased) Death*: She died on 6 October 2006 at Ferry House Residential Home, Broughty Ferry, Dundee, Angus, Scotland, aged 97.
Mother*: Margaret Scott Key b. 20 Jan 1872, d. 6 Apr 1952
Foord, Thomas c1717/18 descendants (#2)
Gibson, Alexander c1750 descendants (#1)
Gibson, Alexander c1750 descendants (#2)
Jarren, Jannet c1717/18 descendants (#1)
Jarren, Jannet c1717/18 descendants (#2)
Key, George c1770 descendants
Law, Alexander c1740 descendants
Myres, John c1790 descendants
Napier, Sarah c1790 descendants
Scott, David c1785 descendants (#1)
Scott, David c1785 descendants (#2)
Steven, Elizabeth c1751/52 descendants (#1)
Steven, Elizabeth c1751/52 descendants (#2)
Stewart, Jane c1785 descendants (#1)
Stewart, Jane c1785 descendants (#2)
Young, Helen c1750 descendants (#1)
Young, Helen c1750 descendants (#2)