- Occupation for web*: Alexander was Colonial Police Officer.
- Birth*: He was born on 7 July 1899.
- He was the son of Alexander Saddler Kinnear and Jessie Scrimgeour Mudie.
- (Informant) Death: Alexander Kinnear registered the death of Alexander Saddler Kinnear on 21 August 1923 at 5 Morgan Street, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1923 deaths in the district of St Andrew in the district of Dundde, ref 514; Alexander Saddler Kinnear jute factory overseer married to Jessie Mudie; died 1923 August Twenty-First 3h 30m pm 5 Morgan Street Dundee, male aged 72; parents William Kinnear flesher (dec) and Janet Kinnear ms Stirling (dec); cause cerebral haemorrahge 4 days as cert by J Miller MD; signed Alex Kinnear son; regsitered 1923 September 1st at Dundee signed H T Templeton registrar.1
- (Groom) Marriage*: Alexander Kinnear married Isabella Leaburn, daughter of George Fleming Leaburn and Jessie Robbie, on 26 July 1939 at 69 Magdalene Yard Road, Dundee, Scotland; Scottish Civil Registration:
Marriages, 1939, St Mary & St Peter, Dundee, entry # 183
married: 26 July 1939 at 69 Magdalene Yard Road, Dundee after Banns according to the Forms of The Church of Scotland Alexander Kinnear, age 39, colonial police officer, bachelor
residing: 26 Park Avenue, Dundee
father: Alexander Saddler Kinnear, factory manager (dec)
mother: Jessie Kinnear, m.s. Mudie
Isabella Leaburn, age 33, baker's shop assistant, spinster
residing: 27 St Andrew's Street, Dundee
father: George Fleming Leaburn, general labourer
mother: Jessie Leaburn, m.s. Robbie
witnesses: Jessie Robbie, 4 Gellatly Road, Dundee; D. M. Headridge, 24 King's Road, Dundee.2
- (Deceased) Death*: Alexander Kinnear died on 14 September 1954 at 32 South St, Kirriemuir, Angus, Scotland, at age 55 Scottish Civil Registration: Deaths, 1954, Kirriemuir & Cortachy & Clova, Alexander Kinnear, solicitor's clerk, married to Isabella Leaburn died: 14 September 1954 at 32 South Street, Kirriemuir; aged 55 years usual residence: 35 Springhill, Dundee father: Alexander Saddler Kinnear, jute factory manager (dec) mother: Jessie Kinnear, ms Mudie (dec) cause of death: 1. bronchiometasis 2. cancer of lung 3. coronary thrombosis informant: Isabella Kinnear, widow.2
- (Spouse) Death: His spouse Isabella Leaburn died on 16 May 1991 at Montrose, Angus, Scotland; Scottish Civil Registration:
Deaths, 1991, Carnoustie, entry # 37
Isabella Leaburn, widow of Alexander Kinnear, solicitor's clerk
born: 2 June 1906
died: 16 May 1991 at Sunnyside Royal Hospital, Montrose; aged 85 years usual residence: Tarhillie House, Balmarkie Road, Carnoustie
father: George Leaburn, haulage contractor (dec)
mother: Jessie Leaburn, m.s. Robbie (dec) cause of death: 1. bronchopneumonia 2. senile dementia
informant: David R. Kinnear, 110 Gallandfield, Willingham, Cambridge.2
- [S50] Unknown subject, International Genealogical Index (IGI) (New Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland: General Record Office of Scotland), GROS Statutory Death 1923 Dundee St Andrew ref 514 image held Jan 2006]
- [S40] PK [Dec 2003].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation Parish: Dundee; ED: 36; Page: 4; Line: 14; Roll: CSSCT1901_101 Source Information Ancestry.com. 1901 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1901 Scotland Census. Reels 1-446. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Aug 2015]
Mother*: Jessie Scrimgeour Mudie b. 24 Sep 1867, d. a 1927