M, #3150, b. 23 August 1868, d. 16 April 1925
- Birth*: William Aitken was born on 23 August 1868 at Peattie, I, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- (Groom) Marriage*: He married Mary Dick Cross, daughter of William Cross and Ann Kinnear, on 30 July 1897 at Maisondieu Hall, Maisondieu Lane, Brechin, Forfarshire, Scotland; cert held; 1897 marriages in the district of Brechin in the county of Forfar; 1897 on the thirtieth day of July at Maisondieu Hall Maisondieu Lane Brechin after banns according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland; William Aitken farm servant bachelor, 28 years, Dunnachlie parish of Brechin, George Aitken farm servant Susan Aitken ms Eddie; Mary Cross factory weaver linene spinster, 35 years, 106 High Street Brechin, William Cross shepherd (dec) Annie Collie Cross ms Kinnear; John A Clark minister of Brechin, wit William Petrie, Ellen Stott.
- (Informant) Death: William Aitken registered the death of Ann Kinnear on 22 July 1906 at Barns of Craig, Craig, Montrose, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1906 deaths in the parish of Craig in the county of Forfar; Annie Cross widow of William Cross shepherd; 1906 July twenty-second 10h 30m pm Barns of Craig, f, 75 years, William Kinnear weaver (dec) Catherine Kinnear ms Wilkie (dec), cancer of liver 2 years as cert by Jas Grant MA MBChB, signed Wm Aitken son-in-law present; registered 1906 July 23rd at Craig signed Walter W Graham registrar.2
- (Deceased) Death*: William Aitken died on 16 April 1925 at Brechin, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 56.3
Last Edited: 28 Jun 2016
- [S40] DR [Nov 2009].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Death 1906 Montrose ref 17 image held [Aug 2004].
- [S40] DR [Nov 2009] & email from TR [Oct 2009].
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) Record set 1901 England, Wales & Scotland Census, Category Census, land & surveys, Subcategory Census, Collections from Great Britain [Mar 2015].