- Birth*: David Doig Waddell was born on 20 July 1871 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- He was the son of James Leslie Waddell and Ann Doig.
- (Groom) Marriage*: David Doig Waddell married Mary Ann Mitchell in 1893 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- (Deceased) Death*: David Doig Waddell died on 17 October 1912 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 41 David died at 0930 on the 17th October 1912 residing at 137 1/2 East High Street, Forfar. He was 41 years old and his occupation was a mercantile clerk, married to Mary Ann Mitchell. His parents were James Waddell, general labourer, deceased, and Ann Doig. Cause of death as certified by J Cable MD was Phthisis Pulmonalis. His death was registered by his son Frank on the 17th October 1912 at Forfar, Registrar John F Craish? [is this not Craik]1
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: He is commemorated on the headstone erected by Mary Ann Mitchell after 17 October 1912 at Forfar Cemetery, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads In loving memory of DAVID DOIG WADDELL beloved husband of MARY ANN MITCHELL died 17th October 1912 aged 41 years ; The above MARY ANN MITCHELL died 22nd Oct 1939 aged 65 years; also LIZZIE THOM LAIRD beloved wife of ROBERT F WADDELL died 14th May 1934 aged 24 years; also RICHARD ADAMSON WADDELL died 1st April 1961 aged 55 years.2
David Doig Waddell
Mother*: Ann Doig b. 25 Jun 1834, d. 23 Jan 1924