- Emigration*: Jane Anne Paterson emigrated; to South Africa.1
- Occupation*: Jane was factory worker.
- Birth*: She was born on 3 April 1883 at 2 Yeamans Alley, Lochee, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; Jane Ann Paterson, 1883 April Sixth 2h 30m pm 2 Yeamnas Alley Lochee; f, father William Paterson powerloom tenter, Ann Paterson ms Runciman, m 1880 December 24th Dundee; William Paterson father, 1883 April 25th at Lochee J Robertson registrar.2,3
- She was the daughter of William Paterson and Ann Runciman.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Jane Anne Paterson married Alexander Coupar on 25 August 1909 at St Lukes Manse, Lochee, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1909 marriages in district of Lochee in the burgh of Dundee, ref 105; 1909 on the twenty-fifth day of August at St Lukes Manse Lochee after banns according to the froms of the Church of Scotland; signed Alexander Coupar joiner jourm, bachelor, aged 27, 5 Balgay Street Lochee, parents David Coupar iron turner, Isobella Coupar ms Young; signed Jane Ann Paterson factory worker spinster, aged 26, 37 High Street Lochee, William Paterson furniture dealer, Ann Paterson ms Runciman; signed Wm May St Lukes Parish Lochee, signed Thomas Young Coupar, Mary Findlay McDougall, witnesses; 1909 August 26th at Lochee J Robertson registrar.4,5
- Passenger List*: Jane Anne Paterson was found on the passenger list of Walmer Castle Ship The Union Castle Mail Steamship co on 2 December 1914 at London, England, Mrs Jane Coupar, aged 31, calc dob abt 1883, depart Durban, arrive 2 Dec 1914 London, England, posts of voyage East London, Cape Town, Plymouth; ship Walmer Castle, Union-Castle Mail Steamship Co Ltd no 114839; landed at Plymouth, travelling third class from Union of South Africa, intended permanent residence Scotland.6
- [S6] From CPT [Sept 2010].
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), image held; GROS statutory births 282/05 0122; 1883 births in the district of Lochee in the burgh of Dundee ref 122 [from CPT May 2009].
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index).
- [S6] From CPT [Dec 2009].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), image held; GROS statutory marriages 1909 ref 282/05 0105 [Jan 2011].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Ancestry.com. UK Incoming Passenger Lists, 1878-1960 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2008.
Original data: Board of Trade: Commercial and Statistical Department and successors: Inwards Passenger Lists. Kew, Surrey, England: The National Archives of the UK (TNA). Series BT26, 1,472 pieces. [Jan 2011]
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS 1891 [Aug 2005].
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS 1901 [Aug 2005].
Jane Anne Paterson
Mother*: Ann Runciman b. 19 Jun 1859, d. 17 Oct 1932