M, #6879, b. circa 1881
- Emigration*: Alexander Coupar emigrated; to South Africa.1
- Birth*: He was born circa 1881.
- Occupation*: On 25 August 1909 Alexander was joiner.1
- Name Variation: As of 25 August 1909, Alexander Coupar was also known as Eck.1
- (Groom) Marriage*: He married Jane Anne Paterson, daughter of William Paterson and Ann Runciman, on 25 August 1909 at St Lukes Manse, Lochee, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1909 marriages in district of Lochee in the burgh of Dundee, ref 105; 1909 on the twenty-fifth day of August at St Lukes Manse Lochee after banns according to the froms of the Church of Scotland; signed Alexander Coupar joiner jourm, bachelor, aged 27, 5 Balgay Street Lochee, parents David Coupar iron turner, Isobella Coupar ms Young; signed Jane Ann Paterson factory worker spinster, aged 26, 37 High Street Lochee, William Paterson furniture dealer, Ann Paterson ms Runciman; signed Wm May St Lukes Parish Lochee, signed Thomas Young Coupar, Mary Findlay McDougall, witnesses; 1909 August 26th at Lochee J Robertson registrar.2,3
- Address*: As of 14 October 1927, Alexander Coupar and Jane Anne Paterson lived at 37 High Street, Lochee, Dundee, Angus, Scotland. 4
Last Edited: 18 Apr 2018
- [S6] From CPT [Sept 2010].
- [S6] From CPT [Dec 2009].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), image held; GROS statutory marriages 1909 ref 282/05 0105 [Jan 2011].
- [S6] From CPT (from her 2nd cousin) Feb 2010.