- Birth*: David Whitton Hutton Paterson was born on 7 May 1915 at 18 South Road, Lochee, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; the day the Lusitania sank.1
- He was the son of David Paterson and Elizabeth Moonie Whitton.
- (Groom) Marriage*: David Whitton Hutton Paterson married Joan Frances Vernon on 7 May 1945 at Harrow, Middlesex, England, .1
- (Deceased) Death*: David Whitton Hutton Paterson died on 29 May 1989 at Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England, , at age 74.1
- Occupation: David was Electrical Engineer.2
- Marriage Fact*: He and Margaret Baxter Matthew were Marriage Fact on 24 February 1944 at Calcutta, India, ; The marriage arranged between Margaret Baxter, elder daughter of Mr and Mrs R R Matthew, Alliance Mill, Jagardal, and 103 Magdalene Yard Road, Dundee, to David Whitton, elder son of the late David Paterson, Calcutta, and Mrs Paterson, Dundee has been postponed owing to illness. (By Cable.)3
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: David Whitton Hutton Paterson is commemorated on the headstone erected by David Harris Whitton in 1913 at Balgay Cemetery, Dundee, Angus, Scotland, . Inscription reads Frontface: Erected by David Whitton and his wife Catherine Johnston in loving memory of their son David who died 5th November 1913 in his 29th year, also Willie who died in infancy, the above Catherine Johnston who died 21st Janaury 1935 aged 75 years, David Whitton the above named who died 19th December 1943 aged 84 years, also their daughters Elizabeth Moonie Paterson who died 28th September 1963 aged 71 years, and Mary Johnston Maiden who died 27th March 1976 aged 96 years.
On the plinth: David W H Paterson who died 29th May 1989 in his 75th year, elder son of the above Elizabeth M Paterson, dear husband of Joan Vernon who died 4th August 2001.
Brass plaque below: In memory of the above Joan Frances Vernon 12/2/26-4/8/01 Much loved mother of David and Carol.
Sideface: Also in memory of their daughter Robina M Whitton McBride who died 2nd November 1926 aged 38 years, and their grand-daughter Catherine Johnston Maiden who died 8th July 1927 aged 22 years, also her brother James Maiden who died 5th May 1956 aged 48 years, also their grandson Robert Paterson died 18th July 1991.4
David Whitton Hutton Paterson
Mother*: Elizabeth Moonie Whitton b. 9 Feb 1892, d. 28 Sep 1963