- Birth*: Mary Maiden Paterson was born on 23 September 1920.1
- Name Variation: As of 23 September 1920, Mary Maiden Paterson was also known as May.1
- She was the daughter of David Paterson and Elizabeth Moonie Whitton.
- (Witness) Newspaper Article: Mary Maiden Paterson was mentioned in a newspaper article about Elizabeth Moonie Whitton on 24 February 1924. LOCHEE MOTOR MISHAP
Mary Maiden Patterson, the three-year-old daughter of Elizabeth Whitton or Patterson, 3 Sinclair Street, Lochee, was admitted to Dundee Royal Infirmary last night suffering from injuries sustained in a motor mishap.
The young girl was crossing South Road, Lochee, when she was knocked down by a motor car belonging to Mr John Forrester, Duneaves, Broughty Ferry, and driven by James Cruickshanks, 146 Brook Street, Broughty Ferry. She was removed to the Infirmary, and admitted suffering from concussion.2
- (Bride) Marriage*: Mary Maiden Paterson married James Beveridge Paterson on 12 December 1942 at Dundee, Angus, Scotland.1
- Married Name: As of 12 December 1942, her married name was Paterson.
- (Witness) Passenger List: Mary Maiden Paterson was found on a passenger list with James Beveridge Paterson and MV Antenor Ship Blue Funnel on 17 December 1958 at Liverpool, England, M V Antenor, arriving Liverpool 17 Dec 1958, passengers James Beveridge Paterson, DoB 8.6.21, married, police officer, passport issued London; Mary Maiden Paterson, DoB 23.9.20, houswife, passort issude Glasgow; all embarked P Swettenham; address in UK Alverton Villa, Tay Street, Newport-on-Tay, Fife; country of last permanent residence Malaya; country of intended future permanent residence Nigeria , intended duration of stay in UK 4 1/2 months, chief purpose of visit - leave.3
- (Deceased) Death*: Mary Maiden Paterson died on 15 February 2010 at Australia, at age 89.4
- [S6] From CPT [Dec 2009].
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) Newspaper Dundee Courier 1924 Feb 22[Sep 2016].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Ancestry.com. UK Incoming Passenger Lists, 1878-1960 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2008.
Original data: Board of Trade: Commercial and Statistical Department and successors: Inwards Passenger Lists. Kew, Surrey, England: The National Archives of the UK (TNA). Series BT26, 1,472 pieces. [Jan 2011]
- [S6] From CPT Feb 2010 & corrected Sep 2010 & corrected again - Samuel Paterson - Feb 2011.
Mary Maiden Paterson
Mother*: Elizabeth Moonie Whitton b. 9 Feb 1892, d. 28 Sep 1963