- Birth*: Hope Myra Conway Miller was born on 22 November 1931 at Dundee, Angus, Scotland; Hope was an early baby, born at 7 months.1
- She was the daughter of Alexander Miller and Kate Nicolson.
- (Witness) Church Records: Hope Myra Conway Miller born Nov 28 1931 and Catherine Nicolson Miller were recorded in Tay Square Church Baptism record book : baptised by John Mansie with Alexander Miller and Kate Nicolson on 23 March 1932.2
- (Witness) Photograph: Hope Myra Conway Miller is in this photograph taken on 7 February 1934 at Dundee, Angus, Scotland, along with Alexander Miller, Kate Nicolson, Catherine Nicolson Miller and Rhoda Nicolson Miller.3
- (Witness) Photograph: Hope Myra Conway Miller is in this photograph taken circa 1938 at Dundee, Angus, Scotland, along with Catherine Nicolson Miller, Rhoda Nicolson Miller Lady of 100 pockets.4
- Photograph*: Hope Myra Conway Miller is in this photograph taken on 1 July 1950 at St Paul's Church, Nethergate, Dundee, Angus, Scotland.5
- Photograph*: Hope Myra Conway Miller and George Hanlon are in this photograph taken on 1 July 1950 at St Paul's Church, Nethergate, Dundee, Angus, Scotland.5
- Photograph*: Rhoda Nicolson Miller and Hope Myra Conway Miller are in this photograph taken on 1 July 1950 at St Paul's Church, Nethergate, Dundee, Angus, Scotland, along with Florence Annie Fisher Conway and Mary Fisher Conway.6
- Married Name: As of 22 March 1952, her married name was Hanlon.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Hope Myra Conway Miller married George Hanlon on 22 March 1952 at Dundee, Angus, Scotland.7
- (Witness) Death: Hope Myra Conway Miller lost her mother Kate Nicolson on 22 September 1956 at 31 Farington Street, Dundee, Angus, Scotland; Kate Miller married to Alexander Miller chiropodist, 1956 September twenty second 7h 20m am 31 Farington Street Dundee, female aged 56 years, parents Alfred Henry Nicolson butcher master (dec) Catherine Nicolson ms Riley (dec), cause scirrhus of breast multiple metastases as cert by W Fyffe Dorward MBChB, signed W Ewan Conway cousin 16 Burn Street Dundee, registered 1956 September 22nd at Dundee J H Vaughan assistant registrar, initialed [Jsilby].8
- (Witness) Obituary: Hope Myra Conway Miller was mentioned in the Obituary of Alexander Miller on 20 December 1978; Obituary Dundee "Courier & Advertiser" December 20th, 1978 reads: One of Dundee's first chiropodists and founder member of the Dundee branch of the Society of Chiropody has died following an illness.
Mr Alexander Miller, 19 School Road, Dundee, died on Wednesday at Ninewells Hospital, Dundee. He was 81.
A native of Dundee, Mr Miller was educated at Blackness School, Dundee, before embarking on a course of studies leading to his qualification as a chiropodist.
As there was no training in chiropody at that time, he studied the necessary medical subjects at Dundee School of Medicine during the 1920's gaining practical experience from colleagues in London.
Mr Miller had a private practice in Perth Road, Dundee, for many years and retired in 1967.
During the First World War he served as an orderly in the RAMC with the Black Watch and was taken prisoner in Germany.
During the Second World War he was in charge of the ARP post at Hawkhill School, Dundee.
Mr Miller was the Session Clerk at Tay Square Church until it closed, and was an elder of St Paul's.
For many years he was chairman of the Dundee Boys and Girls Religious Association, and was involved in missionary work throughout the world.
He is survived by his five daughters and his wife.9
- (Spouse) Death: Her spouse George Hanlon died on 10 May 2012 at Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, Angus, Scotland; PEACEFULLY, at Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, on Thursday, May 10, 2012, George (Dick), loving husband to Hope (Myra), a much loved dad of Ged, Richard and Marion, father-in-law of Gill and Janet, a much loved grandpa, a cherished brother, uncle and a good friend to many. Will be sadly missed by all. Funeral service to be held at Dundee Crematorium on Thursday, May 17, at 2.45 p.m., to which all family and friends are respectfully invited. Family flowers only, please.10,11
- (Deceased) Death*: Hope Myra Conway Miller died on 22 July 2012 at Balhousie Care Home, 4 Clement Park Place, Dundee, Angus, Scotland, at age 80 SUDDENLY, but peacefully, on Sunday, July 22, 2012, at Clement Park Care Home, Hope Myra (nee Miller), a loving wife of the late George, much loved mum of Ged, Richard and Marion, also a cherished grandma, mother-in-law, sister and a much thought of aunt. Will be sadly missed by all. Funeral arrangements to follow.
Funeral service to be held at Dundee Crematorium on Thursday, August 9, at 1.15 p.m., to which all family and friends are respectfully invited. Family flowers only, please.10,12
- (Witness) Photograph: She is connected to this photograph taken in September 2017 at Tay Square Church, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, showing the remains of the building; along with Charles Robert Kirkwood Lawson, Elizabeth Anderson Miller, James Milne Miller, Margaret Abercrombie Porter, William Miller, Charles Milne Miller, Marion McKenzie Conway, James Miller, Janet Milne, Agnes Fisher Miller, Jessie Milne Miller, Marion McKenzie Miller, Alexander Miller, Lizzie Conway Miller, Margaret Ambrose Porter Miller, Kate Nicolson, Catherine Nicolson Miller and Rhoda Nicolson Miller.13
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Birth 1931 Dundee St Mary & St Peter ref 282/1 836
and/or Broughty Ferry 282/5 214 [Mar 2017].
- [S21] Headstone Photograph; , Tay Square Church records at Dundee City Coucil Archives [Sept 2017].
- [S43] PCC.
- [S43] MHT.
- [S43] CNM DGA Wedding Album .
- [S133] Interview with unknown informant (unknown informant address). Unknown repository (unknown repository address), CNM DGA Wedding Album .
- [S64] Interview with General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland). General Record Office of Scotland (New Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS 1952 Dundee ref 282/02 0200 [Aug 2012].
- [S11] DCC Registry Office: Extract of an Entry in a Register of Deaths; Burgh of Dundee; #DC(P)6450 [15 June 2006], Dundee City Council Registrar, Commercial Street, Dundee, Angus, Scotland. Hereinafter cited as DCC Registry Office.
- [S32] Newspaper Article, Courier & Advertiser, Dundee 20 Dec 1978.
- [S6] PCC.
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) http://adzone.dcthomson.co.uk/browse/search_cats_results.php?id=33&sortby=firstinsertdate+desc&subcatsid=4&searchfor=hanlon&wordsearchtype=and [accessed July 2012].
- [S20] Unknown author, 'article', Dundee Courier & Advertiser, unknown date (DC Thomson, unknown repository reference) http://adzone.dcthomson.co.uk/browse/search_cats_results.php?id=33&sortby=firstinsertdate+desc&subcatsid=4&searchfor=hanlon&wordsearchtype=and
- [S21] Headstone Photograph; , AD [Sept 2017].
Hope Myra Conway Miller
Mother*: Kate Nicolson b. 7 Oct 1899, d. 22 Sep 1956
Brady, Catherine c1827 descendants
Bruce, Elizabeth c1733 descendants
Carson, Jane c 1780 descendants
Carson, Jane c 1790 descendants
Conway, Hugh c 1780 descendants
Croyl, George c 1700 descendants
Fisher, Charles c1765 descendants
Geddes, Janet c1745 descendants
Grant, John c1745 descendants
Henderson, Andrew c1768 descendants
Hume, John c1735 descendants
Kinloch, Thomas c1703 descendants
Maitland, Agnes c1766 descendants
Matthew, James c1765 descendants
McConnell, Helen c1765 descendants
McKenzie, Robert c1770 descendants
McLeish, James c1735 descendants
McWilliam, William c1765 descendants
Miller, Peter c1749 descendants
Milne, James c1765 descendants
Nicolson, John c1765 descendants
Paterson, Agnes c1765 descendants
Pollock, Marion c1770 descendants
Reilly, Mary c1805 descendants
Spense, Margaret c1703 descendants
Stephen, Janet c1750 descendants
Tait, John c1695 descendants
Waugh, James c1790 descendants
Worrel, John c1765 descendants