- Birth*: Arnold Shiell was born circa 1878 at Brechin, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- He was the son of John Shiell and Susan Lyall Guthrie.
- (Witness) Event-Misc: Arnold Shiell was present when John Shiell and Susan Lyall Guthrie were celebrating their (an unknown value) circa 1887.
- Milit-Beg*: Arnold Shiell served in the Boer War between 1899 and 1900 at Africa.2
- Marriage*: He married Edna Austin circa 1902.3
- (Deceased) Death*: Arnold Shiell died after 1939.
- [S30] LDS 1881 Census LDS 1881 census.
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) Muster Rolls of Angus Boer War 1899-1900 online at www.monikie.org.uk.
- [S40] From RLS [Jan 2012].
- [S30] LDS 1881 Census.
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland).
Mother*: Susan Lyall Guthrie b. c 1840, d. a 28 Aug 1914