- Birth*: Arnold Shiell was born circa 1878 at Brechin, Forfarshire, Scotland, .2
- He was the son of John Shiell and Susan Lyall Guthrie.
- Marriage*: Arnold Shiell married Edna Austin circa 1902.3
- (Deceased) Death*: Arnold Shiell died after 1939.
- (Witness) Photograph: He is in this photograph taken circa 1887 along with John Shiell, Susan Lyall Guthrie, William Shiell, Helen Scott Shiell, David Guthrie Shiell, Susan Mary Shiell, John Shiell, Herbert Shiell, Catherine Jane Shiell, Robert Shiell, Buchanan Shiell, Alexander Guthrie Shiell and Lyall Guthrie Shiell.4
- Military Service*: Arnold Shiell served with an unknown person between 1899 and 1900 at Africa, , with the Fife and Forfar contingent of the Imperial Yeomanry in the Boer War.5,6
- Military Service: Arnold Shiell served with an unknown person between 1914 and 1918 served with the Canadian Expeditioanry Force during WW1.4
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), via FB RS [Dec 2018].
- [S30] LDS 1881 Census LDS 1881 census.
- [S40] From RLS [Jan 2012].
- [S40] RS [Jan 2012].
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) Muster Rolls of Angus Boer War 1899-1900 online at www.monikie.org.uk.
- [S40] Via FB RS [Dec 2018].
- [S30] LDS 1881 Census.
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland).
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI), RS [Jan 2012].
Mother*: Susan Lyall Guthrie b. c 1840, d. a 28 Aug 1914